can't stop cheating

Hello! I have completed one full W30 round, 2 years ago. I have done countless other attempts but I can't stop falling off the wagon around days 6-10. I just can't keep it up! I don't know any other Whole30ers in real life, I'm a mom with several young children so I can't "stress release" by going to the gym or sleeping more or etc. How do you keep going??? I go for about a week then binge for two weeks before trying again. Help!

• Administrators

Maybe try writing down your reasons for doing it and posting those somewhere that you can clearly be reminded of them. Then, spend some time figuring out what the triggers were when you went off the Whole30. Was it not having food prepped and coming home after a long day? Was it a hard day at work or a fight with a friend or family member? Once you really nail down what causes the binge, you can put things in place to mitigate those triggers.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, aplentifulharvest said:

It’s mostly missing the happiness sugar brings me :/

Aw, I'm sorry, that's rough. Part of the Whole30 is changing that habit. And knowing that it's not in your body's best interest to use foods as happiness, there have to be other way. The food "high" is so temporary. Can you make up a list of other things that make you happy? Watching your favorite show, enjoying a cup of tea under a nice blanket, painting your nails, taking a bubble bath, doing a face mask, going for a gentle walk. Even just sitting out on your porch for 5 minutes and focussing on your breathing. Those "cravings" for the happiness that sugar brings are short lived but the nice things you do for yourself last much longer. 

Not sure if you're on instagram but Melissa talks about this concept of self love in a way that doesn't damage yourself. I've linked one post here but you can also look up the tag #melissaexplainsselflove on instagram.

• 2 weeks later...

When my wife passed away, food was the only thing that made me happy. So don't feel bad. I put on 65lbs in four months, that's weigh's as much as a bag of cement. Just keep starting over until you get it right. It's been 14 years since she died and I've probably started over 14 times or more. Then the pain set in and I started the Whole30 at my Dr's. request.. Finally think this time it will work.. Pain is a good motivator. Good Luck to you.

Archived