Starting 29th and scared to death!!

Linda K

• Moderators

Hi, Linda. Change is scary, and it sounds like this is probably a big change for you, but don't panic. You can do this.

One thing that can be helpful is to stop thinking in terms of breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- food is food, and the stuff you eat in the evening doesnt need to be different than the stuff you eat in the morning. "Breakfast food" is all marketing. Have leftovers for breakfast. Or soup. Or if you want something breakfasty, have scrambled eggs with spinach, or an omelet stuffed with onions and bell pepper, or make some hash browns (throw in some shredded cauliflower or zucchini with your potatoes or sweet potatoes, you won't notice) and top them with fried eggs.

Linda, I’m starting on the 29th, too! I’m using Platejoy for meal planning. I was using it before Whole30 and found that if you choose paleo and gluten/dairy free in the settings, you can get Whole30-complaint recipes. It plans breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for you, and creates a grocery list you can use.

How is everyone doing?  I'm hitting the "my pants are too tight" phase.  I actually feel sick to my stomach and bloated -- the idea of food makes me feel a bit ill.  I understand this will pass in a few days... anyone else feeling like this?

Archived