Menstrual cycle, reintroduction

Denise Fontenot

I began my Whole30 October 1st, so Wednesday should be my first day of reintroduction! I have several health issues, one of them being diagnosed with early menopause at 40, as well as Meniere's disease, which requires a low sodium diet. Interestingly enough, when I began the low sodium diet, my cycles immediately came back when they had been completely absent for 6 months straight!  A couple of my doctors wondered if it was just the reduced salt that was causing health benefits, or the fact that so many food groups were greatly reduced as a result of having to drastically reduce salt. They suggested paleo or Whole30, so I began this month. My period was a little late this month, but still came. It started yesterday, so that means reintroduction would begin in the middle of my cycle. I'm just curious if I should postpone reintroduction until after my cycle? I just didn't know if reintroducing foods during my cycle could mess my cycle/other things up, or would it matter?

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Denise Fontenot said:

I began my Whole30 October 1st, so Wednesday should be my first day of reintroduction! I have several health issues, one of them being diagnosed with early menopause at 40, as well as Meniere's disease, which requires a low sodium diet. Interestingly enough, when I began the low sodium diet, my cycles immediately came back when they had been completely absent for 6 months straight!  A couple of my doctors wondered if it was just the reduced salt that was causing health benefits, or the fact that so many food groups were greatly reduced as a result of having to drastically reduce salt. They suggested paleo or Whole30, so I began this month. My period was a little late this month, but still came. It started yesterday, so that means reintroduction would begin in the middle of my cycle. I'm just curious if I should postpone reintroduction until after my cycle? I just didn't know if reintroducing foods during my cycle could mess my cycle/other things up, or would it matter?

It depends on what sort of symptoms you normally have with your period. If you regularly get diarrhea, upset stomach, bloating etc, it will be difficult to determine if a food you reintroduce is bothering your digestive system. If you don't normally have digestive issues, I don't think there's a hard in reintroducing during your cycle.

Archived