Epic Performace Bars?

Erin E

Are the Lemon Epic performance bars approved? Ingredients: Dates, almonds, egg whites, sea salt, lemon oil. 

I am training for a half marathon and would use these as a pre-run fuel or to keep in my car for “emergency stash”. 

I like that they are higher in protein (12g) than Lara bar (3-4g)

Thanks! 

image.jpg

• Moderators

these would be approved for emergencies but not ideal for preworkout - we recommend protein and fat as giving your body dates is going to provide easily accessible energy where the goal is to become fat adapted and burn your own body fat for energy.

Here are some simple pre-workout options that have worked well for me: 

• chicken breast chunks (I buy a pre-cooked package at my local Costco (the brand is True Story)) + snack pack of guacamole (also from Costco) or glob of mayo
  • hard boiled egg + handful of coconut flakes or macadamia nuts 

Good luck to you! 

8 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

these would be approved for emergencies but not ideal for preworkout - we recommend protein and fat as giving your body dates is going to provide easily accessible energy where the goal is to become fat adapted and burn your own body fat for energy.

Thank you for this reminder! This is a total mindshift from “carb loading” I was taught as a runner. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! No wonder I never lose any weight training for all these endurance races! Agh. 

Archived