Hi! Started October 30, on Day 6

smcfad

This is my first time doing Whole 30. I've been an on-again, off-again low-carb eater for years and always feel better when I do it. About 4 months ago, I started getting an itchy rash that I thought was bug bites from working outside in the summer. About the same time, I developed a latex allergy and I could tell certain foods were aggravating the rash. I was planning to do a 2 week kick-start cleanse before going back to low-carb but then I read about Whole 30. 

I am on day 6 now and the rash is still flared up on my arms and legs. I read about low histamine diets so I am avoiding tomatoes, spinach, eggplant, and a few other healthy foods that I usually enjoy. Luckily I've been writing down everything I eat in the day-by-day journal and discovered I have had eggs every morning. So I tried rubbing some egg whites on my arm and sure enough, a red bumpy rash formed within 15 minutes even though I've never had issues with eggs before. So now I'm off eggs too and REALLY hoping to see some relief from my itching in the coming days!

Other than that, I am off to great start, I love this way of eating and love that there are supportive forums here because I don't have a "buddy" doing it with me. Look forward to connecting with others!

~Stacy

• Moderators

Hi there, @smcfad -- that sounds miserable, I hope you find some relief. Just a note, in case no one has mentioned it (but surely your doctor would have) -- people with latex allergies can also be allergic to bananas and avocado and some other foods -- here's an article with more about it, or google latex allergy cross reactive foods to find more:  http://latexallergyresources.org/cross-reactive-food.  

Archived