Day 1-6th NOV

sunsett

I have started the Whole30 today.  I wanna share how I am doing so far. I have had two meals and my digestion has been bad, I have been bloated, with heartburn, stomach ache and my digestion has been heavy. Maybe its the amount of food? Maybe some kind of foods? Maybe the fact I had overeaten so much unhealthy food the previous day in such a large quantity and my stomach was delicate, or those things mixed up.  I have been dealing with disordered eating and food addiction for about 4 years... And I really want to get better. In my house we do Paleo but since January, when we started, but I havent actually sustained that way of eating for more than twenty something days during the last august (and not even strictly), and when I did it, I felt great and very strong emotionally. The confidence on me went up. In the past I have tended to struggle with quantity, with realising I am full and respecting my body. Today I am not in my best mood but I guess I should congratulate myself for going through the 1st day and maybe be more moderated in the 2nd. Even when I doubt me, every time I feel more like commiting to this diet, giving it a chance for 30 days, even if I dont know or I am not sure where is it leading me. I come here for support cause, for some reason, I feel embarrased to say it to my mum. I might tell her some time when it comes up.

• Moderators

Hi, @sunsett. Hang in there, the first week or so can be pretty rough, especially if you were eating unhealthy stuff before.  

If you have a counselor or therapist or even just a regular doctor you feel you can talk to, be sure you keep in touch with them about what you're doing and how it's going. While Whole30 has helped some people who are dealing with disordered eating, for other people they've found the rules and the focus on food made their condition worse. We definitely don't want that to happen.  Here's something Melissa wrote about Whole30 and eating disorders that might be helpful for you:  https://whole30.com/2014/06/dear-melissa-eating-disorders/

Archived