My Journey to a Healthy Lifestyle

kathejane

Today is Day 1 of my journey to get healthy. I'm tired of being exhausted all the time, crabby, moody, and just feeling out of sorts.

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, 1/2 avocado, 2 slices bacon, coffee

Lunch - chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato, cauliflower & broccoli

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Salad which consisted of grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, cucumber, grape tomatos & 1/2 avocado

Mood - super tired and was starving when I got home from work and it was too early for dinner so that made me cranky

Water - 63 ounces - need to work on getting more water in

Fitness - took puppy for a walk, 30 min full body Physique 57 workout

not too bad of a day. Looking forward to tomorrow!

• Moderators

Something is off if you are starving during a Whole30. That typically suggests to me that you need to eat more at your regular meals. Breakfast and lunch looked okay, but maybe you needed 3 or 4 eggs and more fat in cooking your veggies at lunch. When you are hungry, go ahead and eat a snack. However, a good snack is really a mini-meal with protein, fat, and veggies, and not simply a piece of fruit or some nuts. They are okay, but a mini-meal is better.

And you're right. Not a bad day!

Day 2 was yesterday but went to bed very early so didn't get a post done. I woke up with a nauseating headache yesterday and was sick to my stomach all day.

Day 2 (1/4/13) -

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, 1/2 avocado, 2 slices bacon, grape tomato, 1/2 diced cucumber, coffee

Lunch - 1/2 chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato with coconut butter & cinnamon, cauliflower & broccoli, clementine

Dinner - sick to my stomach so ending up not eating, had some peppermint tea and then went to bed super early

Mood - not bad considering I didn't feel well, tired

Water - 63 ounces - need to work on getting more water in

Fitness - nothing today

Day 2 and 3 were brutal for me. Especially day 3. I felt like I had the flu. That's my holiday "fun" coming back to bite me! I'm on day 4 now and feeling SOOO much better. I know there will be plenty of rough spots but I'm happy I survived the first one!

Glad to hear day 4 is better. My stomach still isn't happy with me today, so I'm just trying to listen to by body and eat when I get hungry.

today is my Day 3. So far today -

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, 1/2 avocado, 2 slices bacon

Lunch - 1/4 chicken breast, 1/4 sweet potato with coconut butter & cinnamon, cauliflower & broccoli

not hungry right now for dinner but I made some Chocolate Chili & steamed some green beans for when I do get hungry.

Day 5 today. Woke up after 7 hours of sleep and feeling pretty good. Today will be my first day of cutting down on coffee. I've been drinking way too much of it and want to cut back. Starting my day off with some peppermint tea.

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, 1/2 sweet potato, grape tomatos and 2 slices of bacon

Lunch - 1/2 chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato & 1/2 avocado

Dinner - Pork Chops from Everyday Paleo Family cookbook, Roasted butternut squash (also from same cookbook) and steamed green beans drizzled with olive oil and added some slivered almonds

Feeling pretty good today. Was not hungry between meals so I was pleased with that.

Goals for this week: up my water intake and get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep.

Day 6...

woke up during the night with a horrible back ache, not sure what that was all about but it took me awhile to get back to sleep. Woke up with a headache, going to have some water and then peppermint tea & hope it goes away.

Breakfast - chocolate chili topped with 1/2 avocado and green beans drizzled with olive oil & slivered almonds.

Lunch - romaine lettuce salad topped with egg salad (2 eggs, mustard, dill), grape tomatos, cucumber

Dinner - grilled chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato

wasn't real hungry today at all. Everytime I eat I just feel stuffed and I don't think my portion sizes are too big.

Going to bed early, really on working on getting at least 7 hours of sleep.

Day 7.........

Had a restfull sleep, although it was only about 6 hours. No headache today....yay!!!

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, 2 slices of bacon, 1/2 avocado, peppermint tea. I eat my breakfast at work & I forgot to pack my veggies so I will eat those at lunch time.

Today is Day 1.....again

I'm starting over. After a couple highly stressful weeks I not only fell off the wagon, but I rolled downhill and fell over the cliff. So, I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off and starting over. I'm not happy that I reverted back to old habits but I need to stop dwelling on it and move on.

sleep - up at 4am (went to bed at 9pm)

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, 1/2 avocado, green beans, clementine & peppermint tea

Lunch - Chicken breast & 1/2 sweet potato. Not really hungry today, think I'm coming down with the cold that seems to be going around my family. Will make sure to add healthy fats and veggies into dinner.

Dinner - mini meatloaves from Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook & Cocoa roasted cauliflower from Well Fed. Everything tasted excellent but didn't eat much because I'm still not feeling great.

Water - 42oz, still working on getting more in everyday

Physical - had a headache all day today. Only exercise I got in was taking the puppy for a walk.

Emotional/mood - a little crabby today, not feeling very social

Archived