White Potatoes vs. Whitish-looking sweet potatoes

Jojo

Hi,

I thought I bought a regular sweet potato, but when I cut into the purple skin it was a white-ish color. It smelled sweet. I've been googling varieties of sweet potatoes, and apparently there are white sweet potatoes!

Are they compliant?

Also, is yuca compliant?

Any help would be appreciated! I'm really good at convincing myself there are *exceptions to plan. :wacko:

Is it compliant to have it mashed with coconut milk? I had it as a side dish with lunch the other day and had to stop my son from eating it (he had a taste and wants to have some next time I make it....)... its wonderful the taste for real foods my kids are developing - I was making breakfast mince the night before and my daughter said it looked so good so I gave her some too.

I discovered Japanese sweet potatoes the same way...by accident. Now they are a staple for us. I usually peel them and slice them in about 1/4 inch rounds, then toss them in olive oil ( you could use other fat here) and bake at 425 until light browned. Sooooo good!

• Moderators

All of the ordinary white potatoes are out during a Whole30 whether their skins are red, purple, gold, or brown. All the sweet potatoes and yams are in whether their skins are orange, purple, red, or whatever.

A burning curiosity.. I now white potatoes are out and maybe I missed reading some where, but what about purple potatoes? I don't really nor have ever eaten many potatoes but it's a "nice to know" thing. :)

I totally asked this during my second Whole30! I guess I was hoping that the purple color meant antioxidants or some redeeming quality that would let me keep them, lol. The answer was, sadly, no.

Archived