Approved frozen foods at Walmart

Hockeygram

• Administrators

Hi @Hockeygram - they are smaller meals, for sure. Meant more for emergency food, food on the run etc. Also they could be beefed up to be put over a sweet potato and some greens topped w/ avocado. They're more of an "emergency food" thing and less of a "replace all your meals with this" thing. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just curious if anyone wants to speak to how tasty the meals are? I love to cook, but am already starting to have kitchen cleaning fatigue, and something like this to help me in a pinch would be helpful if they are satisfying taste-wise. Also, that they have a BBQ flavored one is intriguing to me as BBQ sauce is my favorite ever, but I have yet to find a whole30 compliant sauce or recipe I like. Comments, anyone?

I can't comment on the Whole30  meals, but I can recommend a few store-bought BBQ sauces that I actually do like: 

• The New Primal Mustard BBQ Sauce (they have an Original flavor as well, but I don't love that one) 
  • Tessemae's Organic BBQ Sauce 

I bought a couple of these, and have used them at work when I get held up and cannot get home for lunch and/or dinner. I love the flavors, though I sure do wish they would come out with these in a meal size. That would save me a lot of hassle since I work an event driven schedule and sometimes am at work for up to 24 hours. However, my question is...

On the list of ingredients for the rosemary chicken bowl (and, to be honest, I did not even look at the others because I knew they were Whole30 'approved' so I simply ate them without questions) the last line says "Contains Milk". Dairy is a no-no, so I am very confused by this. Can someone explain if this is okay, or what happened here? Thanks in advance!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HawkeyeE said:

I bought a couple of these, and have used them at work when I get held up and cannot get home for lunch and/or dinner. I love the flavors, though I sure do wish they would come out with these in a meal size. That would save me a lot of hassle since I work an event driven schedule and sometimes am at work for up to 24 hours. However, my question is...

On the list of ingredients for the rosemary chicken bowl (and, to be honest, I did not even look at the others because I knew they were Whole30 'approved' so I simply ate them without questions) the last line says "Contains Milk". Dairy is a no-no, so I am very confused by this. Can someone explain if this is okay, or what happened here? Thanks in advance!

If it has ghee in it, then they have to say 'contains milk' as ghee comes from butter.  I don't have that package in front of me so if you want to take a quick picture of it or list out the ingredients, we can take a look but it's probably the ghee.

1 hour ago, SugarcubeOD said:

If it has ghee in it, then they have to say 'contains milk' as ghee comes from butter.  I don't have that package in front of me so if you want to take a quick picture of it or list out the ingredients, we can take a look but it's probably the ghee.

I think that answers it, then. It does contain ghee, though no other ingredient listed is questionable. I suppose I did not realize they had to note that with ghee, though it makes sense now that you say it. Thanks! 

I’m really thankful these are available. I have tried a few of them for lunch at work. I have been supplementing with extra veggies and a hard boiled egg or avocado. Today I put the spinach pesto chx over spiral carrots and had a hard boiled egg on the side. So far I’ve liked the butter chicken and spinach pesto. Didn’t care for the coconut chicken. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My my how things have changed. When I did my first whole 30 attempt it was 2016 and you couldn’t dream of finding compliant pre made meals anywhere, let alone Wal Mart. All I could find was a meal delivery service -and the cost per month was in the hundreds. Something insane like $800. 

Archived