Hockeygram

Approved frozen foods at Walmart

Glad to see Wole30 approved foods at Walmart. However, some of these bowls only have 180-220 calories per bowl. Would such small servings and low calorie count provide sufficient nutrition?

Hi @Hockeygram - they are smaller meals, for sure. Meant more for emergency food, food on the run etc. Also they could be beefed up to be put over a sweet potato and some greens topped w/ avocado. They're more of an "emergency food" thing and less of a "replace all your meals with this" thing. :)

I grabbed a bunch and put in deep freeze for my first whole30 since 2015 I plan to do in January! Figure it will be great to have as emergency or supplemental to eggs/other protein sources or salads etc...

Just curious if anyone wants to speak to how tasty the meals are? I love to cook, but am already starting to have kitchen cleaning fatigue, and something like this to help me in a pinch would be helpful if they are satisfying taste-wise. Also, that they have a BBQ flavored one is intriguing to me as BBQ sauce is my favorite ever, but I have yet to find a whole30 compliant sauce or recipe I like. Comments, anyone?

I can't comment on the Whole30  meals, but I can recommend a few store-bought BBQ sauces that I actually do like: 

• The New Primal Mustard BBQ Sauce (they have an Original flavor as well, but I don't love that one) 
  • Tessemae's Organic BBQ Sauce