THROW AWAY EGG YOLKS TO LOWER CHOLESTEROL

MORGAN16

DEAR WHOLE 30 USERS,

I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER SINCE STARTING WHOLE 30 JUNE OF THIS YEAR 2018. IT HAS BEEN LIFE CHANGING FOR ME BECAUSE I NO LONGER HAVE CHRONIC, PAINFUL CANKER SORES. TROUBLE IS FROM MY DOCTOR'S PERSPECTIVE IS I EAT 2 EGGS EVERY MORNING AND SOMETIMES 1-2 MORE LATER IN MY SALAD AND SOMETIMES IF I AM NOT PREPARED FOR THE NEXT MEAL, I EAT 2 MORE BOILED EGGS FROM MY HANDY STASH IN THE REFRIGERATOR.  ANYWAY, 6 MONTHS LATER THE DOCTOR SAYS TO QUIT  ALL THE EGGS ESPECIALLY EATING THE EGG YOLKS.  HE THINKS THIS WILL LOWER MY HIGH CHOLESTEROL.  I EAT A LOT OF MEAT. BUT HE SAID MY NUMBERS WOULD GO DOWN BY GIVING UP THE YOLK.  HE WANTS ME TO DO THIS NOW AND THEN GET RETESTED.

I HAD SO MUCH JOY EATING MY EGGS.  I WISH TO FIND MORE INFORMATION ON THIS. COULDN'T THE DOCTOR BE WRONG LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN ON MARGARINE AND SO MUCH MORE ON OTHER THINGS?

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN ADVANCE.

E MORGAN

• Moderators

There have been lots of discussions about whole30 and cholesterol here on the forum, you can Google whole30 cholesterol to find those. Many of those discussions link to articles that question whether dietary cholesterol (cholesterol in things you eat) is related to high blood cholesterol levels.

I've stopped counting the eggs I consume!  I did one round and ate carefully for about a year, lost 30 pounds and all my numbers on my blood test changed for the better.  Doc asked what in the world I did?  I told him.  He didn't say much....but eggs have not hurt my numbers in the least.

Archived