Violent reaction to first day of reintroduction

NCMegMax

Today is the first day of my reintroduction after completing whole 30. I started with peanut butter on sliced apples and just about one hour afterward had horrible stomach cramps and violent diarrhea. Sorry for the lovely picture and painting.  Anyone been through something like this?

I’m thinking I should stop re-introducing today and go back to the diet for the next three days. Then I can re-introduce the non-gluten carbohydrates and see what happens. Maybe try other foods from the legumes category Later?  All I know is I never want to eat peanut butter again!

I started the whole 30 because of this kind of stomach issue I was having. Amazing to see how quickly something can affect me.

• Moderators

Definitely hold off on more reintroductions for at least two days, or until you feel better if that takes a little longer.

You could definitely try different legumes another day, it might be that others dont affect you the same way the peanut butter did, although it's possible you might have a similar reaction, so maybe plan to do those reintroductions on a day when you're going to be home most of the day.

Archived