Gaining weight rapidly!

I started my first round of whole 30 as a pregnant woman. This is my second round ever. I am on day 11. I am mostly doing it because I started this pregnancy overweight because I got pregnant at nine months postpartum and hadn't quite lost the weight from my first. I was hoping it would help regulate my weight gain. Well now on day 11 I have gained at least 5 pounds. I am so frustrated. Nothing fills me. i feel like I am continually putting food into a cavern because I never feel filled. I usually have a massive appetite when pregnant so that's nothing new. But I can't believe that now that I have removed all these bad foods from my diet that I am gaining worse than before.  Literally, my weight gain was slow and steady when I was eating more regular foods. At least I was satisfied and didn't need such enormous portions. I am about to stop because this is doing nothing for me. Help please! 

• Administrators

Hi there, sorry to hear that you are struggling.

It would be helpful if you would give a rundown of what you've been eating at meals the last few days and how your meals are timed. Without that it's hard to review and see if anything stands out.

For breakfast I usually eat approved bacon and eggs.  Lunch is usually a meat with a vegetable. Or a salad with chicken etc. I For dinner I usually have some type of potato. Either sweet or white, along with a meat and a vegetable. I am eating more fruit for snacks than I did on my first whole 30. For snacks I often have a fruit with some nuts or sunbutter.  if you wanted a detailed meal journal it would take quite a bit to remember. I am not writing a food journal right now. Although it would probably help me. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, glitterandsparkles said:

For breakfast I usually eat approved bacon and eggs.  Lunch is usually a meat with a vegetable. Or a salad with chicken etc. I For dinner I usually have some type of potato. Either sweet or white, along with a meat and a vegetable. I am eating more fruit for snacks than I did on my first whole 30. For snacks I often have a fruit with some nuts or sunbutter.  if you wanted a detailed meal journal it would take quite a bit to remember. I am not writing a food journal right now. Although it would probably help me. 

Have you seen the meal template? You can download it here:   https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

You should be trying to make each meal big enough that you go 4-5 hours between meals, which is going to cut down on the snacking a lot. If you do need to eat between meals, have a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. Fruit should be limited to no more than two servings a day, always with a meal rather than on its own.

If you are nursing, plan on having 4 full meals, or three meals and two mini meals.

It may sound counterintuitive to eat bigger meals when you're concerned about weight gain, but meals that match the meal template, including lots of vegetables, protein, and a serving or two of healthy fats, will help fill you up more and keep you full longer, then you won't need the snacks. Try making sure to have at least two cups of vegetables with your eggs and bacon in the morning and see if that doesn't help you feel more full throughout the day.

And please try to relax and not worry about the weight. You've had two babies in less than two years, your body has been through a lot. If you eat healthy foods in healthy amounts, move some (walking, stretching, chasing kids around), try to minimize stress as much as possible, and get as much sleep each night as you can, your weight will get to where it needs to be, but it's going to take time. That is normal. There's no reason to put a lot of pressure on yourself to make it go faster. 

Archived