College student trying again!

logan-halle

Hello all!

This is maybe a bit long or a bit personal for an intro, but I didn’t really have a place to talk about my experience on this program before finding these forums (I only had the cookbook to start!) and since I’m doing this whole thing for myself to improve my health and to get in touch with my body, I feel okay treating this one post a bit more like therapy.

When I first discovered Whole30 through the advice of my mother, I was ecstatic. We share the same auto-immune disease, and she had seen her symptoms improve with this program in ways I had given up dreaming were ever even possible. I’d struggled with depression, lack of focus and energy, and emotional eating that started up while I was in and out of school a few years years—Whole30 seemed like it was going to be a game changer for all of those things and I couldn’t wait to get started.

But, like a dummy, I decided to start this program during a period of high stress: finals season. Without a proper support network, without proper time management, and without a whole lot of money or time, Whole30 was exhausting. Week after week, I messed up. I was so sick of having to start over from square one, of having to black out my progress on my calendar and number all the days again up to 30, so I stopped.

Now, finals are over and I have more than a whole month of time to kill before I start my last semester of college, so I’m going to do this right. I’m going to give myself room to breathe, room to focus. I’m going to listen to the rules and, most importantly, to my body.  I can’t promise myself that I won’t get discouraged or that this alone will fix everything (it won’t), but I’m ready to promise myself that I’ll push through no matter what, because I’m doing this for me. 

Archived