Allegra 24 hour - Allergy tabs

SusanG31

Hello, group!!  I am excited to be in the planning stages of my first Whole 30 program!!  I plan to start January 2nd (I eat a traditional "Southern" New Year's Day meal that I just don't want to give up this year).   I have found some great recipes, support and ideas here on this forum as well as on Pinterest.  I love to cook (and eat) so I anticipate this program to be fun (I do LOVE a challenge!!)

I've been researching different supplements that I take (along with their ingredients) and find that I will probably eliminate them for a while.  However, I do take Allegra 24 everyday as I have many airborne allergies and when I miss just one day, I am miserable.  Are any of these ingredients forbidden?

Active ingredient (in each tablet):
Fexofenadine HCI 180 mg (Antihistamine)

Inactive ingredients: colloidal silicone dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, iron oxide blends, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, titanium dioxide

The Allegra Website states the following:

Does Allegra contain gluten?

Because there is no standardized gluten-free certification process, Allegra is not certified as gluten-free, but none of the ingredients are derived from wheat, barley, spelt, oats, or rye. Corn gluten is present in the Pregelatinized Starch; however, this type of gluten is not gliadin gluten, to which some people develop a sensitivity. Finally, Allegra does not contain and is not derived from dairy, lactose, casein, eggs, iodine, peanuts, shellfish, soy, taic, tree nuts, or whey.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to having fun with this forum and with the program!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived