January start!

Hufflepuffbadger

Hi, I'm a mom of 1 girl (6yrs) and am hoping to start in January as well.  January 2nd start date.  I've started picking out recipes to prep but that's as far as I've gotten in terms of planning. 

I did the whole30 once and had seriously fantastic results!  But this past year has been rough but I'm looking forward to getting back on track. 

Hi ladies! I will be beginning on the 2nd of January as well. I’m the mom of a 6 yr old girl. Have done Whole 30 at least 3 times in the last year. I’m fighting for this consistency because I have gotten away from the healthy eating that I really liked while on the program. I’m a serial snacked and I’m tired of doing what’s best for me! 

Im looking forward to joining you all in the journey! 

tmt578

Hi. I'm new!!! I've struggled with my weight forever. I'm looking for freedom. I think this is the one thing I e never tried. I'm praying it is exactly what I need. I'm also new to social media, so I hope I can find this again...  I just clicked notify me of replies so maybe there is hope. Lol. 

Oh and I'm starting January 2nd as well as starting school to be a realtor. I'm changing careers after 15 years of teaching. I'll be in school and working full time as a teacher in Camden. Plus I'm a mother and wife. Please pray for balance and wholeness.  

Also starting January 2nd. I did a Whole 30 year a couple of years ago and it was great.  I lost weight, gained energy, and had no aches and pains.   I slowly stopped focusing on me and the plan and though I eat 85% Whole 30 every day, it is not enough for my body.  It seems I need to go for broke and consistently do it all the time. Plan, Plan Plan ... and Plan some more!  Looking forward losing weight, no aches and pains, and having energy again. Not sure why it is so hard to start again when you have already done it, but I seem to be struggling with this for some reason.  Hoping that by joining the forum and doing this alongside others, it will help motivate me to stick with it!  Thank you in advance for all of you sharing your day to day ups and downs.   

I'll be joining you January folks.  Did 1 successful Whole30 this year and 1 almost successful (27 days).  The successful was my first which, ironically, was easier than my 2nd.  I only got derailed during the second by our annual family apple picking trip.  Poor planning on my part. 

This time I will be doing a standard Whole30 in January and an AIP version for February.  So I'll be doing 60 days this time.  I don't think I can jump from my poor holiday eating right into an AIP version so I'll transition slowly.  Although I may do 2 weeks of Whole30 standard just to get "right" and then transition into a Whole30 AIP making it 45 days total instead of 60. 

I was originally going to do January 1st but I feel I'll use January 1st for meal prep making January 2nd more logical. 

Hi all, 

I'm starting my second W30 on January 1st. My first successful W30 was in January 2015, and then I had two unsuccessful attempts in 2017. I have two boys (ages 3 & 5). My husband and I have the worst ever eating habits - how did I let myself go soooo far off track?! He's reluctantly going to eat whatever food I prepare for him although I wouldnt say he's totally on board. My biggest challenge (aside from the sugar dragon) will be meal prepping. I just don't typically spend a lot of time in the kitchen and rely a lot on grab n go type foods. I remember how great I felt at the end of my first W30 and I'm eager to get back there! 

• Administrators
On 12/26/2018 at 7:41 AM, mybestbetsy said:

Hi all, 

I'm starting my second W30 on January 1st. My first successful W30 was in January 2015, and then I had two unsuccessful attempts in 2017. I have two boys (ages 3 & 5). My husband and I have the worst ever eating habits - how did I let myself go soooo far off track?! He's reluctantly going to eat whatever food I prepare for him although I wouldnt say he's totally on board. My biggest challenge (aside from the sugar dragon) will be meal prepping. I just don't typically spend a lot of time in the kitchen and rely a lot on grab n go type foods. I remember how great I felt at the end of my first W30 and I'm eager to get back there! 

Hi Betsy, when you do cook, cook in bulk. An entire tray of chicken thighs, a dozen boiled eggs, huge sheet pan of roasted veggies. Then you can "grab and go" and still feel great! Lots of people also do huge egg-bakes for the morning - I used to cook one every sunday and we'd eat it for breakfast for a week. Doesn't take more than 20 minutes or so to prep and then you bake and you're all set!

• Administrators
On 12/26/2018 at 6:25 AM, KimberlyW said:

Not sure why it is so hard to start again when you have already done it, but I seem to be struggling with this for some reason.  .   

This is actually really common! Have a read of this article and see if anything resonates:

https://whole30.com/2015/02/second-whole30/

Thanks ladyshanny --- I did not realize this was common at all. So, I suppose this makes me feel a little better. 

Now to work through it and just do it!!! I am committed, although weight loss is important to me, I miss how good I felt.  I did not realize it while I felt so good, but now that I don't, I really miss it. I will have to be more self-aware!  It is funny, the first time around I was a bit upset I did not get the "tigers blood" energy everyone spoke about... or so I thought.  Seems, it took me a week or so longer to get there, but even when I did, I did not realize it until my husband and friends mentioned that I was constantly moving (which was not the norm). So they noticed it before I did!   

Thank you!

Kimberly

I plan to start my second Whole30 journey on Jan 1.  I've been making lists of things I need to stock, recipe and meal ideas.  Knowing what to expect is a good and bad thing.  But I'm going to focus on what I know works and areas where I struggle to get through this.  Time to reset my diet and my life in 2019.

Archived