Robin Strathdee

Don't over think this.

No, it's not overthinking for that kind of question, especially at the beginning.  However, it's almost impossible to over eat fat on this program due to it's high satiety impact.

If a recipe is cooked with fat, remember that the fat is split between the portions so if you had 4 tablespoons of olive oil to roast a pan of veggies, you're not eating anywhere near too much fat when you use those veggies in portions over time.

There's no real issue... if the coffee beans are flavored in the package, they'll have natural and artificial flavors... these are not ideal, but because labelling laws mean they have to call out alcohol, soy, dairy, wheat and sugar, if none of those items are on the label, you're good to go.

You may want to do a bit of research about HOW your favorite brand of flavored coffee gets their flavors... natural and artificial flavors are born in a lab... it's not the best option but in my opinion, in one or two cups of coffee a day, it's not the end of the world and it's not going to affect your Whole30.

That said, I'm talking beans with flavor either whole beans or ground coffee.  I'm not talking about those International Delights powders that are basically like hot chocolate powder.  If that's the kind of 'coffee' you're referring to, then it's 100% a problem because those are just a chemistry experiment of awfulness.

1 hour ago, SugarcubeOD said:

There's no real issue... if the coffee beans are flavored in the package, they'll have natural and artificial flavors... these are not ideal, but because labelling laws mean they have to call out alcohol, soy, dairy, wheat and sugar, if none of those items are on the label, you're good to go.

You may want to do a bit of research about HOW your favorite brand of flavored coffee gets their flavors... natural and artificial flavors are born in a lab... it's not the best option but in my opinion, in one or two cups of coffee a day, it's not the end of the world and it's not going to affect your Whole30.

That said, I'm talking beans with flavor either whole beans or ground coffee.  I'm not talking about those International Delights powders that are basically like hot chocolate powder.  If that's the kind of 'coffee' you're referring to, then it's 100% a problem because those are just a chemistry experiment of awfulness.

That's really helpful, thanks!! And just so I'm not that person, I am definitely NOT drinking that powdered coffee gross-ness!