Seattle Whole 30 places

tonic

I am trying to find a place to go out to eat with my fiance. Every Tuesday night is our date night an I would rather not cancel it this month. Chipotle is an option, and I do know the whole30 order there. =P Just wondering if anyone else in the area knows any places right off?

• 1 year later...

Hey - did you find any good Whole30 options in Seattle?  I would love to hear about them!

I checked out that other thread, and it mostly focused on Tacoma/Olympia, which is a bit of a trek for Seattleites….  The only Seattle option is the Metropolitan Grill, which is DELICIOUS, but VERY expensive!

I'm thinking about getting some BBQ meat as take-out from Bitterroot:

http://www.bitterrootbbq.com

They have you add the sauces at the table, so I figure before it gets sauced it would likely be compliant?  Was thinking of getting take-out and making my own faux BBQ sauce at home with equal parts tomato paste and balsamic, plus a dash of hot sauce, salt, pepper and smoked paprika (tried it once at home and it was not half bad!)

Any other mid-price options?

(I saw that there were more than 500 views of this thread, so I know there are other people in Seattle wondering the same thing!)

What about (and sorry, I'm from Boston and just a sometimes visitor to Seattle so I'm bad at describing things) there's this little place in Pike's Market behind the Fish Guys... I can't think of the name of it, but they have great breakfast/lunch type stuff. Including super fresh salmon (which I get every single time I'm there), etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

For dinner it depends on the meal you are eating. Tolouse Petit has some compliants meals as does Palace Kitchen. Both are easier if you can get a reservation. Matts Rotissserie in Redmond has a nice Prime rib. I just asked for no butter and subbed out the potatoes for more veggies.  There's also a paleo food truck who always has compliant meal called outside the box.

For Breakfast it's usually easier, but we like to go to Portage Bay.

The only place I ate out during my Whole 30 was The Bridge in West Seattle. I chose not to worry about industrial seed oils since I only went out once during my Whole 30, but they were otherwise great about accommodating me. Their menu notes all their Gluten Free items and they have a lot of things marked "Gluten Free Option" which basically means ask your server about our gluten free sub for this item. We all know W30 isn't just about gluten free, but it really helped to start there. I had a bison burger, topped w/ grilled pear and a salad. 

• 3 months later...

Juicy Cafe in downtown seattle.. there are two locations.. one in the convention center and one in the columbia tower. only open during the day, but great bowls and salads and they even have an option to make it "paleo". Jaks is a great steak house..cheaper than the met. Just ask for no butter or potato and sub extra veggies.. they steam them and they are delicious! Purple Cafe and Wine bar has a huge menu and lots of options can be modified paleo. I work for the company and they are getting used to me and my boss modifying "paleo-style" :)

• 7 months later...

I don't know any off hand but I've found lots of places with well sourced ingredients (on the Eastside) and I'm sure in Seattle too that make it easier to order to Whole30 standards. Would love to know of any though if others know.

There is a paleo food truck in Bellevue I've heard, but not had an opportunity to try it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Purple Cafe and Wine bar has a huge menu and lots of options can be modified paleo. I work for the company and they are getting used to me and my boss modifying "paleo-style" :)

What are a couple of your favorite menu items to modify? I might try to go to the downtown location this weekend! Will be sad not to have wine though... :(

• 3 years later...

I realize this thread was started a few years ago, but I wanted to jump in with my suggestions for anyone else searching the forums for Seattle Whole30 compliant restaurants.

SPROUT:  Sprout is my go-to Whole30 lunch whenever I forget to bring a homemade lunch with me to work.  When I first participated in Whole30 last year, I e-mailed the restaurant to ask questions about which items were non-compliant.  Unfortunately none of the dressings are compliant, BUT Sprout offers EVOO + lemon juice which for me, in addition to a dash of salt & pepper, is more than sufficient.  The turkey is NOT compliant (there's sugar) but Sprout has chicken breast & hard-boiled eggs that are!!  I usually build my own salad with a base of spinach & romaine, plus chicken, avocado, bell pepper, cilantro, shredded carrots, cucumber, and purple cabbage dressed with lemon + EVOO + salt and pepper.  Yum!

WHOLE FOODS WESTLAKE:  Earlier this week I discovered the Paleo HOT FOOD BAR at Whole Foods in South Lake Union (on Westlake).  These Paleo options also happened to be totally Whole30 compliant.  I filled up my plate with pineapple pork shoulder, cumin-cilantro-lime cauliflower rice, and squash with romesco sauce.  Added fresh pineapple & lime LaCroix - all for under $15.

JUICY CAFE:  I sent Juicy Cafe a Facebook message earlier this week to ask about their dressings & meat seasonings.  This is the response I received: "We make our dressings with fresh juice.  Our chicken is poached, with nothing added.  We don't use dairy.  Cheese can be added or subtracted from anything.  We don't use sugar.  Only fruit and maple syrup to sweeten.  You could have our tzayziki, or curry lemon dill.  I have autoimmune and do AIP which is more strict than Whole30.  Only places I eat are at home and at Juicy.  You will be able to eat with us" .  It's unclear where the maple syrup is used but I doubt it's in the dressings or on the meat based on this message.  Looking at the menu, you could probably create a bowl with zoodles & massaged kale, chicken (or salmon), mixed veggies, nuts, avocado mash, lemon dill dressing.

CARL'S CUTTING BOARD:  Not a restaurant, but a local purveyor of bacon + sausage.  Carl does a wonderful sugar/nitrite-free bacon, available at local farmers' markets around town (I found Carl's at the year-round Ballard Farmers Market last spring).  

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Anna W said:

I realize this thread was started a few years ago, but I wanted to jump in with my suggestions for anyone else searching the forums for Seattle Whole30 compliant restaurants.

SPROUT:  Sprout is my go-to Whole30 lunch whenever I forget to bring a homemade lunch with me to work.  When I first participated in Whole30 last year, I e-mailed the restaurant to ask questions about which items were non-compliant.  Unfortunately none of the dressings are compliant, BUT Sprout offers EVOO + lemon juice which for me, in addition to a dash of salt & pepper, is more than sufficient.  The turkey is NOT compliant (there's sugar) but Sprout has chicken breast & hard-boiled eggs that are!!  I usually build my own salad with a base of spinach & romaine, plus chicken, avocado, bell pepper, cilantro, shredded carrots, cucumber, and purple cabbage dressed with lemon + EVOO + salt and pepper.  Yum!

WHOLE FOODS WESTLAKE:  Earlier this week I discovered the Paleo HOT FOOD BAR at Whole Foods in South Lake Union (on Westlake).  These Paleo options also happened to be totally Whole30 compliant.  I filled up my plate with pineapple pork shoulder, cumin-cilantro-lime cauliflower rice, and squash with romesco sauce.  Added fresh pineapple & lime LaCroix - all for under $15.

JUICY CAFE:  I sent Juicy Cafe a Facebook message earlier this week to ask about their dressings & meat seasonings.  This is the response I received: "We make our dressings with fresh juice.  Our chicken is poached, with nothing added.  We don't use dairy.  Cheese can be added or subtracted from anything.  We don't use sugar.  Only fruit and maple syrup to sweeten.  You could have our tzayziki, or curry lemon dill.  I have autoimmune and do AIP which is more strict than Whole30.  Only places I eat are at home and at Juicy.  You will be able to eat with us" .  It's unclear where the maple syrup is used but I doubt it's in the dressings or on the meat based on this message.  Looking at the menu, you could probably create a bowl with zoodles & massaged kale, chicken (or salmon), mixed veggies, nuts, avocado mash, lemon dill dressing.

CARL'S CUTTING BOARD:  Not a restaurant, but a local purveyor of bacon + sausage.  Carl does a wonderful sugar/nitrite-free bacon, available at local farmers' markets around town (I found Carl's at the year-round Ballard Farmers Market last spring).  

Thanks for sharing this information.  I see you've copied and pasted this into two threads - we request that is not done as it makes the forum messy and difficult to follow.  I've merged the two Seattle threads together for keeping the forum neat and tidy.

To all reading this, you MUST ask at each restaurant that you're going to eat at, regardless of a post on a forum that says it's compliant!

Thanks for combining!  I just started posting on here and didn't know that was a problem.  Also, yes, of course, it's a good idea to do your own research and ask questions any time you eat out during Whole30 because recipes change!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Lucky Santo just opened in Ballard, North Seattle & their menu (minus the desserts) is entirely Whole30 compliant. Juicebox on Capitol Hill also offers several options. As does Manolin in Fremont that has some delicious ceviche & veg dishes (we just asked for no cheese).

• 8 months later...

Archived