Starting with the New Year on January 1st

SeaQueen

This is my third time and really need to focus on eating simply and clean. Want to lose the fast food dependence. Also need to step up the exercise which is mostly trail walking. I'm a 59-ish lady who wants to stay as healthy as possible. 

I wish you the best with this! I just finished my second successful Whole30 yesterday and finding a way of eating that is sustainable for me was a major focus. 

One of the best tricks I found for me is that I love soup and eggs for breakfast. Breakfast has always been a very difficult meal for me. I struggled to eat Whole30 template meals first-thing in the morning and I don't like a lot of meal prep in the morning. So I now make large batches of a variety of soup (for now, I rotate Mel Joulwan's Golden Cauliflower Soup, Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup, and Roasted Carrot-Caraway Soup), store them in mason jars and freeze the ones I won't eat quickly. Each morning, I scramble four eggs in ghee with salt and pepper and warm up a mason jar of soup. Voila! Easy, tasty, template breakfast!

I have no idea if that will be helpful for you but I just wanted to wish you luck and let you know that there are others who can relate! Best wishes and happy holidays! 

This will be my 2nd whole30 round,  I loved it last time and really kept it going for an additional  5 months,  then I slowly started introducing other options.   I still feel great,  but with some recent vacations, and the holidays I want to start again immediately..like today.  I'll meal prep this Saturday for my one daughter is doing it again as well!  I'm looking forward to getting serious again!  I even ordered the whole30 slow cooker recipe book when it was released, I'll definitely be incorporating some new recipes from there! Good luck to everyone!!

Good luck to everybody!

I am excited to start my first Whole30 experience on January 1st. 

I am the heaviest I've ever been, really let myself go lately. I hope Whole30 will jumpstart my weight loss and help me to get rid of many food addictions.

Archived