Starting Jan 1...NERVOUS/SCARED/EXCITED

WendyWilGil

Starting Whole30 Jan 1. This scares me because I have to deal with more than just the food I put in my mouth.  The "what ifs" are the monkeys on my back. What if I cannot do it, what if I fail, what if it doesn't work.  I am actively planning the next 30 days which is new to me.  I wanted to post to get accountability so I don't chicken out. 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, WendyWilGil said:

Starting Whole30 Jan 1. This scares me because I have to deal with more than just the food I put in my mouth.  The "what ifs" are the monkeys on my back. What if I cannot do it, what if I fail, what if it doesn't work.  I am actively planning the next 30 days which is new to me.  I wanted to post to get accountability so I don't chicken out. 

What if it does work, what if you succeed, what if you feel amazing? ;) I know it's easier said than done, but try changing your dialogue when you feel those negative what-ifs popping up. We almost all (literally, almost every person) has more than just food to worry about - but just start there. Start with the food and let the other changes and emotions and fear and excitement come as they do. Don't feel like you have to address every underlying food issue you've ever had in the first week or two. Just be kind to yourself, remind yourself that you are intending to nourish and heal your body for 30 days and let that be enough at first. We're here for you!

Archived