January 2 Start Date! Anyone else?

Laurenacc

This will be my second reset, did my first 6 months ago and felt amazing afterwards! I kept the weight off (lost 20 lbs!) and was eating pretty well for a good 3 months post whole30...then a weekend trip to Boston totally threw me off and the scale has been trickling higher and higher and I’ve been feeling crummier and crummier ever since. Not to mention the holiday goodies that have been super tempting. Need a reset to get myself back on track. Cant wait to feel good again. Anyone else starting Jan 2???

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE this way of life. I finished my first round in November, got through Thanksgiving, went back on, mostly,  through the holidays, kept the weight off ( I consider that a win) I'm excited to feel good, sleep well and enjoy that Tiger Blood again. I didn't do reintroduction either time, so this will be the time I learn what I can eat to really maintain my health. I have learned that alcohol is not my friend. 

I am also joining this forum for the first time. I'm expecting to feel more supported and support others.

Happy new year to us ALL

June

Hi everyone! This is will be my first time starting Whole30 on January 2nd. I cannot wait to start this new lifestyle change, for so many reasons but especially for my health.  My daughter has done the Whole30 three times and has had success each time. 

Vanessa

I am starting 1/2. I did my first one last September! It was a great experience learning about what we eat. I am a type 2 diabetic.  My A1C in December was 5.4 . Well that is enough for me. I noticed in 3 days my fasting glucose was under 100. By the end people were commenting how good my skin looked! Never would have thought.  Plus I dropped  15 lbs. I have gained 7 after. 

I'm starting on the 2nd as well. This is Whole30 number 12 for me...!

My first Whole 30 was in January of 2013. I've done a few each year ever since--except for 2018, where it was a year of weight gain and activity loss for me. So it's time to right this ship and get back to feeling the way I KNOW it feels to eat well, be active, and really enjoy the healthy choices I make. I also will enjoy the CRAZY food dreams that will invariably arrive... :ph34r:

I'll be prepping ever so slightly over the next few days, but honestly I'll be eating the last of the Christmas biscuits, drinking the last of the egg nog lattes, toasting the last of the holiday cocktails. So I expect that carb flu to hit HARD come the first week of January...and I say, bring it!

Hello everyone!!!

i am very excided to start on January 2nd with all of you, providing an incredible support for me!

i have been on Paleo for a long time, then last summer I decided to go off any restriction, while in Italy, and I am still paying the consequenses!

I was never able to go back Paleo for more then few days!

i am looking forward  to this commitment, to feel great and healthy again!!!

ciao!!!

Good Morning everyone!  I am 57, married with two awesome children and I love the outdoors. I am excited to say I’ll be starting on Jan 2.  I’ve had health issues for 3 years and I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired!  I am looking forward to this healthy journey that will help me take back control of my health and weight.  Happy New Year.  

Looking forward to starting Jan 2.  Between Thanksgiving and now, I have been consumed by the Sugar Dragon!  Can’t wait to get back in control.  For first timers....plan and prepare...those are the keys to success!   Keep your meals simple (but tasty with things you already enjoy) to begin so that you don’t dread preparing.  Thrilled that there are newbies and experienced folks in this forum....let’s be an encouragement to each other.  I have been doing a Whole30 about twice a year since 2011 and so I am happy to share what works for me. 

Hi all,

First Whole30 and starting 1/2!   My husband went paleo a few years ago and so we eat "paleo informed".  We cook a lot at home so I'm hoping the changes won't be too huge.  I've made the sunshine sauce and balsamic vinagrette from the book, hard boiled some eggs and have my meals planned until Saturday.   Great to see we have some veterans here to help us newbies!

What have you all done to prep?

On 12/30/2018 at 12:46 AM, CrazyCow said:

I'm starting on the 2nd as well. This is Whole30 number 12 for me...!

My first Whole 30 was in January of 2013. I've done a few each year ever since--except for 2018, where it was a year of weight gain and activity loss for me. So it's time to right this ship and get back to feeling the way I KNOW it feels to eat well, be active, and really enjoy the healthy choices I make. I also will enjoy the CRAZY food dreams that will invariably arrive... :ph34r:

I'll be prepping ever so slightly over the next few days, but honestly I'll be eating the last of the Christmas biscuits, drinking the last of the egg nog lattes, toasting the last of the holiday cocktails. So I expect that carb flu to hit HARD come the first week of January...and I say, bring it!

Wow...12!!??!! That's awesome.  Glad to have you with us.

Sunshine sauce is wonderful!  Great job prepping!

I asked my husband to hide / toss out all the Christmas goodies still hanging around....huge temptation for me but not him,  and the freezer is stocked with some great Butcher Box protein.  Need to make my meal plans for the next week. 

I have spent the past few days reading and reading all about the program. I am starting Jan 2. Today I began planning meals for the week and bought a few things on amazon as far as sauces and such.  I’m battling a stomach ulcer among other things and need a reset for my health. 

Looking forward to following your journeys as well!

happy new year from Texas!,,,,

This is my first Whole 30 in over three years! The last one was in July of 2015 so I feel like a beginner again. I just really need to get a handle on some bad habits. Last time I lost about 5 lbs, but I’m within 15 lbs of my goal weight so that was good even though I was disappointed at the time. Does anyone keep a journal for this?

Archived