January 2 Start Date! Anyone else?

Laurenacc

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all! This is my first time doing the whole 30. I am doing this with my sister. I have 2 small kids (5 and 1 yo) and interested in a lot of family friendly recipes. I am a busy working mama (nurse practitioner) and I am looking forward to everything I can learn to teach others. 

I’m starting 1/2, as well! I’ve been whole30-ish for the past 2.5 years, meaning I’ve made a solid effort most of the time. I’ve never made it through an entire 30 days - my longest is about 3 weeks. I love to run and do yoga, and I try to do a combination of those activities 4-5x per week. Trying to slay my sugar dragon and commit to a healthier life. Glad to be here with all of you on this journey! 

Amazing! So excited to have a huge group of 1/2/19 starters with me :)

I just weighted myself, took measurements, and "before" pics before starting tomorrow. My how that pesky scale has trickled up since I finished my last Whole30 in June...yikes!

I have my breakfast, lunch, and dinner already prepped & in the refrigerator / freezer for the next few days. 

Let's DO this, y'all! 

11 hours ago, Skunk said:

p.s. Is there anyone out there who is doing Whole 30 and been diagnosed with SIBO? If so, I'd love to chat. 

I've also been diagnosed with SIBO! Whole30 really helped clear up all my horrible stomach pain during my first reset- that's the main reason why I'm doing it again...need to get back to feeling good! :) 

I'm starting tomorrow too. This will be my second go round, my first was the same time last year, and it really was great for my digestive issues and I noticed a definite increase in my athletic ability, so hoping to get that back! I've got about two weeks worth of meals prepped, and they are tasty! Very excited to feel good again!

Starting Whole30 tomorrow along with my husband!!  We did our meal planning, grocery shopping and some prepping ahead today.  We are very excited to get started!! 

We plan on using the 7 day meal plan in the Whole30 book to get started.  Can anyone let me know how the 7 day meal plan worked for them.  We seemed to have questions about the quantity of food for each meal.  Seems like a lot sometimes.  

Looking forward to having support and guidance from the Whole30 community during our 30 day journey!!

Wish us luck!! As we do you!!

Happy New Year, Everyone!

So this was us cleaning out the fridge and getting the shopping (round 1) into order. This pic does NOT include the rest of our weekly veggie box, but that has parsnips, carrots, avocados, broccoli, peppers and cauliflower. This pic has just a part of our protein--pictured is chicken and apple sausage, ground turkey, and beef short ribs (that had just come out of the sous vide), but we have eggs and pork as well for this week. After clearing (and cleaning!) everything out, we made mulligatawny soup for tomorrow lunch time, and boiled a bunch of eggs up for brekkies (or whatever) for the next few days. Made salmon cakes for dinner tonight, as the salmon had been cured with sugar, so that needed to be eaten before tomorrow! And of course, there was the rest of the eggnog cheesecake as well... :D

Have a great start to Day 1, and I look forward to cheering everyone on!

IMG_2217.jpg.94f2a165da0afc58dfdb31e83ad13c14.jpg

I'm starting today, too! This will be my third Whole30 and I am excited to reset. It has helped me tremendously the past two times. Candidly, I did not prepare well for this round. I didn't use that as an excuse and hustled to the grocery store before work to get some quick grab supplies. Excited for that tiger blood again! :)

Started this morning.  And am ending up eating out w/ non-whole30 people tonight.  Not the ideal circumstances, but I was allowed to pick the restaurant so I'll be able to make it work.

My son (16) and are are doing this together, my 3rd his second.  He was the one to request another one.  I'm so proud of him.  He knows how much better he feels and looks eating properly and wants to get back to 'tiger blood'.  I really wish I had had a program like this at his age.  

Our last one was over the summer and we felt great, but went off over vacation and it's so hard to get back to moderate eating w/o a full reset.  Hopefully this will get the year off to a good start!

Hello All!

I just started today as well! I'm super excited to get my health on track, 2018 was a very unhealthy year for me. I'm very into craft beer, and I did not balance the heavy beers with healthy foods and exercise - which led to eating out CONSTANTLY and 20 pounds put on and overall feeling sluggish and down on myself.

I did all my shopping and meal prep yesterday and it was a tad overwhelming - I'm going to need to get better at meal prepping. I wanted the first week to be delicious, so I went all out on my groccey store trip, but I think i went a tad overboard. 

Hi! I'm starting my first ever Whole 30 today too! My friend and I are doing it together so I'll have that at least. I haven't done the planning part yet but have managed 2 meals so far. I'll get to the planning this evening with a run to the grocery store. I'm looking forward to it, but am a little nervous!!

I am so encouraged by all the planning, preparation, commitment and success from everyone today.  I hope we can all learn from each other and use this forum to encourage one another.  Thank you Laurenacc for setting this forum up.  

Be strong tomorrow....remember that hunger pains are often a symptom of being thirsty and so drink lots of water.  And all the great prep we did today....let's do it again for tomorrow and enjoy another day closer to healthier bodies!!!

Day 1 was unexpectedly easy for me (I REALLY went off the wagon the last 3 months so was expecting a huge Sugar Dragon attack).  Day 2 is feeling pretty straightforward so far.  I definitely need to add a bit more fat to my meals though.  Our avocados went bad so yesterday I missed them but I fixed that with a quick trip to Spouts last night!  Hope everyone's meal prepping is paying off!

Day 2 begins here! My wife and I started our 1st Whole30 yesterday. We've done a decent job planning and have plenty of good foods to eat. Losing diet soda and coffee w/sweetner has been the hardest part so far!!! Grateful for this community.

Hello everyone ..

I started Jan 2 and this is my first time. I've been reading up on it for so long and mentally preparing for it, but never the right time. Now I feel like I've been wasting time and so I jumped in with the knowledge but not enough physical prep time. I let go of sugar a long time ago but the biggest thing that will be hard for me is going without cream in my coffee. Though I got turned on a few months ago to the bullet coffee with ghee, and I was astounded how delicious it was. Since Ghee is compliant I am wondering if this is cool, but I don't think I've seen it discussed anywhere. Anyone out there know. 

Cheers and happy New year to you all.  It is really nice to be part of a community doing this same thing.

So encouraged by everyone’s commitment and planning and preparation!  We can do this!  Thanks to Laurenacc for setting up this forum.  Let’s use this forum for encouragement if we get frustrated or “hangry”....lots of experience that can help.  Also, remember that hunger is often a symptom of thirst....so drink lots of water!  Have a great 2nd day everyone!

Archived