Laurenacc

January 2 Start Date! Anyone else?

Day 13 here!  My husband and I are doing great.  He's had a harder time since he's had to travel, but overall we haven't had too many problems.  He feels great - I am feeling good too, but am tired a lot.  I'm sleeping great - but find it hard to get out of bed.  I think my SAD might be rearing its head.  I'm trying to get back on my supplements and have been using my UV light.  Hopefully I perk up soon.  

Overall though, I think it helps we were already big on weekend meal prep, and we were eating a lot like Whole30 - just with alcohol and bread.  I love the challenge of seeking out new recipes and trying new things.  If anyone needs any help in this arena I am happy to answer questions!  

I can't believe we are all almost half way there!  We are doing this!  

So...try a couple of dates to curb that sweet craving...get the ones in produce section...I have found they help with my sweet tooth.  Hope the W30 works to ease your digestive issues!

To quote Acer....”we are doing this!!!!!!”

Almost half way...hope tiger blood is starting to kick in!  I am so encouraged by everyone’s success!  

This Whole30 really is flying by.  I was planning on doing an AIP after the first 30 days of standard Whole30 but am going to have to just do a normal reintroduction since I found out I'll be traveling to Costa Rica for an All Inclusive at the end of February.  Will have to pick up the AIP version in March!  Hope everyone's doing well this Friday.  Remember to stay busy this weekend!

Can't believe there are only 11 days left!  We are having a great time.  This weekend we enjoyed tuna poke, hot wings with veggies, and portobello burger stacks.  Yum!

Pics below :)

IMG-0794.JPG

burger.JPG

Here we are on Day 19...and tearing it up!! :D

Good past few days...at least from a learning perspective. I'd had a number of days where I was eating too late to get to yoga and that was making me frustrated, but there were other wins. For example:

Friday was the first day I had a meal out since this W30 started. This was a work lunch, and we were at a Mexican restaurant, where I'd normally get a cheese slathered chimichanga, eat all the rice and beans, and I can neither confirm nor deny that I might have in that former life had a 'rita as well. Aaaand by the end I'd be stuffed and ready for nap!WELL. Current Whole30 me quizzed the server on every possible part of my lunch selection: does this have sugar? Agave? Filler? etc. What I wound up with was: Sliced steak, onions and peppers fajita style (totally compliant!) accompanied by pico de gallo (again NO sugar and compliant--a squeeze of lime on top).

Saturday we had a busy run around day, which included a baby shower. Ate before hand, quizzed the caterer and drank fizzy water with double lime in a champagne flute all afternoon. Classy!

By Saturday late afternoon though, I was getting HUNGRY...so went an unusual route and made from scratch POKE and 'SUSHI' ROLLS. Did I mention from scratch? SO good. SO SO SO good. And utterly compliant. Made spicy tuna with sushi grade tuna and whole30 mayo mixed with coconut aminos, a splash or three of fish sauce, garlic powder, minced thai chilis, toasted sesame seeds and some crazy voodoo magic because I tell you, it was better than the order out kind for SURE. The 'rolls' were avocado, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, cabbage and tuna and both the rolls and the poke bowl had 21 Seasoning Salute from TJ's sprinkled over it which was amazing. 

Sunday was a finish things up day, so did not get to a cooking WOD, but we have plenty going on in the fridge to get started, including a SOUS VIDE shredded pork which we had over sweet potatoes and with a nice salad tonight. In all, quite a win in the kitchen these past few days.

Tomorrow I have to hit the studio again...took these past few days off, and I'm missing it. That's a great sign, as far as I am concerned.

Anyway to all, have a great week!!

IMG_2267.jpg

3 hours ago, Acer said:

This weekend we enjoyed tuna poke,

@Acer ...We did, too! I still am in awe of how easy it was not only to make at home, but how much I enjoyed it because of that fact! 

Day 22! I love seeing all the photos and recipes. How's everyone doing? I'm at that point where my meals have become easy and routine. I still have the urge to snack now and then. That's the main thing I'm dealing with. Exercise is much easier and sleep is better. Who else from 1/2 start date are still out there? I see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

Still here going strong.  Energy levels are super, sleep is great, "everything is awesome."  My exercising improving as well.  Did a full hour at 15 MPH on exercise bike and 80 pushups last night.  Before it was either/or not both!  And my bike was around 12.5 MPH.  So I'd say Tiger Blood is kicking in!

DH and I were just discussing how we would most likely keep going with the program like 80% of the time.  It just makes sense for us to continue to keep us on track during the work week.  On weekends, (after reintro) and on travel, we can relax a little, and moderately enjoy dairy, alcohol, etc.  Once we start working out again, we can really shed some extra weight - which we need to do!  

But overall we are really having fun!  Food is great, we are getting creative, and enjoying ourselves.  

Speaking of reintro - are most people planning to slow roll?  We are starting on the first with red wine :)