Starting 1/2/2019

charvey

So, I'm new here, and trying Whole30 for the first time. I'm 41 years old, married and have a 2.5 year old daughter. I'm at least 40 lbs overweight, and pretty much a master yo-yo dieter at this point. Former CrossFitter (pre toddler days) with a few nagging injuries, and now my extra weight isn't helping anything. I generally feel lousy and tired all the time, and yet continue to make stupid choices when it comes to nutrition. 

And so, working with a friend who is a nutritionist/life coach, we've decided to try the Whole 30 approach to kick start my nutrition again. I've managed to do well in nutrition challenges at the gym in the past, able to drop 15-20 lbs for a while. It's the maintenance that gets me. I get lazy and old habits creep back in.

I'm looking forward to getting started in the new year on the right foot again. Good luck to all of us in '19!

Good luck @charvey...W30 is a great step back into the nutrition and activity ring. I'm a former yoga geek that's just getting back to the studio, and I'm married to a former cross-fit coach and can hand on heart say the two, even if you're not in the box right now, go hand in hand--even with injuries. You learn to listen to your body in very new ways when you're Whole30, and that translates well to activity, too. 

I too, have got a lot of ground to gain back after what seems pretty much like a year of no activity and poor food choices (I don't even have the excuse of a toddler in the house!), so I'll be sure to check beck in and give you some good old cross-fit shouts of encouragement as we go through the next 30 days. We've got this! 

Archived