Who's starting 1/1?

ChristyJ

I'm so excited to start 2019 with the Whole 30!  I went grocery shopping today, and so far I've made a big batch of Thai ginger carrot soup (I'll freeze a bunch of it).  More food prep will be underway over the next two days.

I love having accountability partners.  Please introduce yourself, and let's check in on each other throughout this journey!

I'm Christy.  I turn 50 this year :blink:, so it's especially important to me to get back to eating healthy and working out on a regular basis!  I have two daughters (22 & 19), am married, work full time and have a fun-loving pup at home.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is Tosha. I have and husband and three kids ages 23, 18, and 14. I am starting Whole 30 January 1. I have some health issues that are surfacing because of my weight. I am going it alone in my house and need all the support and easy recipes I can get. 

Christy! I'm starting 1/1, too! I'm Gia and I'm happy to be an accountability partner.

I love that you're a Mama to two girls...and a pup! What kind of dog do you have? I'm married, living in NYC with my husband, and eager to stop feeling so sluggish and tired all the time! What is this 'tiger blood' that I've been reading about? Or is it 'tiger energy'? It sounds GREAT.

Take good care.

G.

2 hours ago, ChristyJ said:

I'm so excited to start 2019 with the Whole 30!  I went grocery shopping today, and so far I've made a big batch of Thai ginger carrot soup (I'll freeze a bunch of it).  More food prep will be underway over the next two days.

I love having accountability partners.  Please introduce yourself, and let's check in on each other throughout this journey!

I'm Christy.  I turn 50 this year :blink:, so it's especially important to me to get back to eating healthy and working out on a regular basis!  I have two daughters (22 & 19), am married, work full time and have a fun-loving pup at home.

I'm starting on Jan. 1, too.  Also turning 50 this year. This is my first Whole 30. 

I’m Lynsey and I’m starting 1/1! I’m 32 with two daughters ages 7 & 4. Last Christmas my dad suffered a major stroke. He’s since had two more and is severely mentally and physically handicapped. He lives with my family and I’m one of his caregivers. His health issues were entirely diet related. I’m trying to prevent any of the lifestyle diseases he had before they set in—diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol & BP, sleep apnia, etc. I’m hoping for some great results and to set a good example for my daughters. :)

Hi! My name is Viktoriya. Im 32 years old, married and have a 9 month old son.  I have successfully completed two rounds of Whole30 but attempted 4 times (failed twice). I love how I feel when I’m on Whole30 but I lose motivation about a week in. I’m hoping by joining the forum and reading peoples stories will keep me motivated. 

I’m joining in too! My name is Julie, I’m 53, newly divorced, 3 college age daughters, love tennis and travel. I’m glad I found you all! This forum will be comforting to lean on when needing a “you got this” push. :rolleyes:

So.... CHEERS Everyone! Here’s to us for starting 2019 off committed to Whole30!

15 hours ago, Tosha3 said:

My name is Tosha. I have and husband and three kids ages 23, 18, and 14. I am starting Whole 30 January 1. I have some health issues that are surfacing because of my weight. I am going it alone in my house and need all the support and easy recipes I can get. 

Tosha-a few of my favorites that I'll be prepping:  chicken buffalo style meatballs (2 pkg of ground chicken, about a cup of chopped up celery, maybe 1/2 cup of shredded carrots, scallions, salt/pepper, Mrs Dash seasoning and Frank's buffalo sauce-I make either meatballs, small patties or a meatloaf-cook at 400 for 30 mins)... I also throw chicken in the crockpot with onions, chicken broth (double check the ingredients-far too many have sugar in them) and spices to then have shredded chicken for all sorts of recipes.

Hard boil eggs, make egg cups (scrambled eggs with any veggies and/or compliant meat-cook in nonstick muffin tin), roast up a spaghetti squash and make a simple ground meat (I like chicken if you couldn't already tell-lol) sauce with diced tomatoes, peppers & onions.  Check out the recipes threads in here along with Pinterest.  Just remember to read all labels.  

I'll join in too!  I have completed two Whole30s and I am looking forward to joining a group to complete my first January Whole30.  I am 43, married and have a 9 year old son and 6 year old daughter.  My husband will be doing a "Dry January" in support and give up alcohol for the month.

My Dad also suffered a stroke several years ago and is now wheel chaired bound.  My short term goals are to wake up energetic every day, lose a little belly fat, have "glowing" skin and set a good example for my children.  My long term goal is to reach old age in good health.  

I'll spend today and tomorrow getting my kitchen and pantry Whole30 ready.  Cheers to a successful 2019!

14 hours ago, NYCBlond said:

Christy! I'm starting 1/1, too! I'm Gia and I'm happy to be an accountability partner.

I love that you're a Mama to two girls...and a pup! What kind of dog do you have? I'm married, living in NYC with my husband, and eager to stop feeling so sluggish and tired all the time! What is this 'tiger blood' that I've been reading about? Or is it 'tiger energy'? It sounds GREAT.

Take good care.

G.

Our pup is a seven-year-old rescue mutt.  She's a mix of boxer/pointer/boston terrier-super smart and sweet.

Tiger blood is real!  It takes time to get there, and you have to be kind to yourself along the way because there will be some days where you feel crappy from taking sugar out of your typical diet.  But it's soooo worth it!  I've totally fallen off the wagon of healthy eating to the point where my joints ache again, and I can't wait to get sugar out of my system.

8 hours ago, lynsmize said:

I’m Lynsey and I’m starting 1/1! I’m 32 with two daughters ages 7 & 4. Last Christmas my dad suffered a major stroke. He’s since had two more and is severely mentally and physically handicapped. He lives with my family and I’m one of his caregivers. His health issues were entirely diet related. I’m trying to prevent any of the lifestyle diseases he had before they set in—diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol & BP, sleep apnia, etc. I’m hoping for some great results and to set a good example for my daughters. :)

Lynsey-you have a lot of responsibilities and it's inspiring to see you taking this step for yourself and as an example for your daughters.  

3 hours ago, Faithinme said:

Hi my name is Jasmine. I am 33 and plan on starting 1/1 also. My eating is way out of control I mainly eat out and constantly snacking on junk. I've tried other diets but just felt lost and overwhelmed. I'm looking forward to doing this for me!

Jasmine-the whole 30 is a great process to figure out what works for you/doesn't agree with you.  I'm glad you're joining us!  Get ready to throw out any remaining junk you have in the house so it doesn't tempt you.

2 hours ago, viktoriya said:

Hi! My name is Viktoriya. Im 32 years old, married and have a 9 month old son.  I have successfully completed two rounds of Whole30 but attempted 4 times (failed twice). I love how I feel when I’m on Whole30 but I lose motivation about a week in. I’m hoping by joining the forum and reading peoples stories will keep me motivated. 

Viktoriya-I'm similar to you in that I've had three successful rounds and a couple of half-hearted ones.  I'm determined that this round (maybe it's #6 for me??) will be 100% on!  I signed up for the new text alert thing they're doing as I really liked the old daily email they provided.  I definitely think that having others who keep you accountable helps.  And journaling-journaling is a must for me (food journal).

2 hours ago, Neweve said:

I’m joining in too! My name is Julie, I’m 53, newly divorced, 3 college age daughters, love tennis and travel. I’m glad I found you all! This forum will be comforting to lean on when needing a “you got this” push. :rolleyes:

So.... CHEERS Everyone! Here’s to us for starting 2019 off committed to Whole30!

Cheers, Julie!!  I'm glad you joined in on this!

11 minutes ago, GraceMelodie said:

I'll join in too!  I have completed two Whole30s and I am looking forward to joining a group to complete my first January Whole30.  I am 43, married and have a 9 year old son and 6 year old daughter.  My husband will be doing a "Dry January" in support and give up alcohol for the month.

My Dad also suffered a stroke several years ago and is now wheel chaired bound.  My short term goals are to wake up energetic every day, lose a little belly fat, have "glowing" skin and set a good example for my children.  My long term goal is to reach old age in good health.  

I'll spend today and tomorrow getting my kitchen and pantry Whole30 ready.  Cheers to a successful 2019!

Grace, your husband rocks!  Mine isn't doing the Whole30, but he is planning on going more toward a paleo way of eating (isn't giving up alcohol though :rolleyes:).  You've got some great short term goals-I'm looking forward to not feeling bloated/swollen/blah!

Cheers!!

Hi,

My name is Leslie - I'm away on vacation at our second home until the 8th, but starting on the 6th, and flying home on the 7th.  I have my shopping list in Amazon and going to hit the send button a couple of days before flying home so it's waiting for me.  My significant other is staying in FL for the winter (I'll be flying down periodically), so it will be just me at home and I'll be able to focus 100% on my diet - and there will be much fewer nights of 'Let's just go out to eat'.

I'm so excited to start this.  I am 55 (I'll be turning 56 on 2/5 - day 31), have had one knee replacement and can barely walk on my other knee.  Also chronic Achilles tendonitis and nerve damage in the same foot.  Not to mention I've put on 20 lbs in the last year which isn't helping any of this.  So I'm ready to reset.

Last year I have had a stressful year with my job and continued my MS degree (I'll be done in May - woohoo).  This combined with 2 hours in the car each day for commuting hasn't left me much time for me.  My commitment in 2019 is getting healthy and putting myself first.  I feel like Whole 30 will put me on track for a good year.

Good luck to everyone that is making the whole30 commitment - looking forward to supporting each other in the coming month

I am starting Jan 1 and am so excited to have this focus for the new year.  I need a serious reset of my relationship with food!  Last summer I was diagnosed with SIBO and cleaned up my eating as well as treating with antibiotics.  But in the fall I had a hip replacement (Oct) and then a knee replacement (Nov) and boy did I go off the rails with food and wine!  You know - like when you think you deserve it?   Anyway, I am getting back my mobility and am ready to enjoy real food well prepared.  Looking forward to learning and participating here on the forum!

I have been reading about the Whole 30 plan on line as recommended by Michelle Tam (nom nom paleo) and have decided to start 1-1-19.

I have a wonderful, loving husband, 2 married sons and 5 grandchildren, ages 8 to 16.  I have had a weight problem for most of my adult life (turning 80 next July) but am in reasonably good health.  I have been a member of a TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) chapter for 26 years, tried many different eating plans,  but have been struggling to get back to my goal weight for the last several years.  Despite walking 4-5 miles every other day and eating low-carb, I can't seem to lose the last 10 pounds.  Hopefully, this plan will be the one!

I am looking forward to the support and motivation by this group to stay focused and finally succeed.  

I’m starting 1/1. I’m super nervous because I REALLY like my daily wine!!!!! I’m doing this to get a handle on my cravings, alcohol and chips (all things salty). I’m nervous I won’t get much support from my friends and boyfriend. I’m turning 45 this year and have struggled with food cravings since a teenager. I wonder if it will ever stop consuming me. 5 years ago I managed to get it under control. That last 2 years. I looked amazing with what felt like very little effort. I want that back!!

Hi, I'm Sara and I'm starting 1/2 with my sister who has done it twice before.  I'm 42, married, work fulltime and have a 15 yo daughter and 11 yo son. My coworkers are supportive and eat healthy nut my cravings and lack of self control have gotten crazy lately. My husband is supportive but doesn't want to go to this extreme. Looking forward to connecting with you!

Hi everyone, I plan to start Whole 30 on January 1st! This will be my second time (I did my first Whole 30 in June 2017). This past year I fell into a rut with my healthy habits and returned back to binge-eating and out-of-control sugar cravings. I want to reset and get back on track with eating right and nourishing my body so I can improve my energy levels, reduce inflammation, and establish a healthy attitude and relationship with food.

The biggest temptations/challenges that I foresee are succumbing to temptations (candy, chocolate, pastries, chips) at work or social events, and eating out with family (we tend to go to restaurants that are carb-heavy, e.g. noodles, dumplings, rice, etc.). I hope joining this forum will help keep me accountable because I could definitely use the support! 

15 minutes ago, snacksandsweat said:

Hi everyone, I plan to start Whole 30 on January 1st! This will be my second time (I did my first Whole 30 in June 2017). This past year I fell into a rut with my healthy habits and returned back to binge-eating and out-of-control sugar cravings. I want to reset and get back on track with eating right and nourishing my body so I can improve my energy levels, reduce inflammation, and establish a healthy attitude and relationship with food.

The biggest temptations/challenges that I foresee are succumbing to temptations (candy, chocolate, pastries, chips) at work or social events, and eating out with family (we tend to go to restaurants that are carb-heavy, e.g. noodles, dumplings, rice, etc.). I hope joining this forum will help keep me accountable because I could definitely use the support! 

Going out to eat is a challenge for me as well.  We usually go out once a week, but I'll avoid that during the Whole30 mainly because it's just easier to avoid temptation.

Archived