My Whole 30 #4

Best Day

I found Whole 30 in 2017 and did my first in April of 2017.  It was so hard most days, but as the non scale victories began to appear, I knew I had found something that works for me.  I want to feel this good all the time, BUT, I want to enjoy wine, or a fabulous piece of bread, or chocolate.  I didn't pay much attention to my reintroduction beyond the first few days.  

So I decided to do Whole 30 #2 in Sept of 2017 .the 30 days were was easier than #1.  I learned a lot about being prepared, Blue Apron Whole 30 helped to keep it fun.  I planned to do a better reintroduction, but I got bored with it after a few days.  

Whole 30# 3 was in January of 2018.  My reintroduction was definitely better and I came up with an eating plan that worked for 2018.  No Grains, Dairy or Sugar most days.  An occasional piece of bread, or frozen yogurt , or glass of wine.  (maybe once a week)

Note: In Feb 2018, My routine bloodwork came back with elevated Cholesterol levels.  I had a session with a nutritionist who is a supporter of Whole 30 and Paleo eating.  She said some people need more fiber and recommended adding occasional oatmeal and brown rice.  This worked!  6 months later, blood work was good.

Fast forward to December 2018.  The occasional glass of wine has become a daily thing.  The sweets, fancy desserts, and pancakes for breakfast are happening.

Christmas day 2018, I realized I don't feel so great anymore.  I've lost my sparkle.  Enough!  December 26, 2018 I started my 4th Whole 30:)

Goals:

Better Sleep

Optimistic outlook

Clear head

Energy

to have a full and successful reintroduction

Day 5

Breakfast:3 Breakfast egg muffins: 

(8 eggs, 2 tbsp coconut flour, 1/3 c coconut milk, 1/2 lb ground pork-brown w/1/2 onion, 3 c baby spinach wilt w/onion, 1/2 tsp ancho chile powder, 3 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp lime zest and salt.

pour into 12 muffin cups. bake 20-25 minutes at 350.)

Coffee w/collagen peptides

1/2 apple w/cinnamon

Day 5

Breakfast:3 Breakfast egg muffins: 

(8 eggs, 2 tbsp coconut flour, 1/3 c coconut milk, 1/2 lb ground pork-brown w/1/2 onion, 3 c baby spinach wilt w/onion, 1/2 tsp ancho chile powder, 3 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp lime zest and salt.

pour into 12 muffin cups. bake 20-25 minutes at 350.)

Coffee w/collagen peptides

1/2 apple w/cinnamon

Lunch:

Farmer's market chicken soup

Leftover pork tenderloin

Green beans

red potato

Dinner:

Arugala, beet and sliced almond salad

Grilled Balsamic chicken

Roasted butternut squash, red onion and brussel sprouts

Before bed: cup of sleepy time tea

Thoughts: I feel better than yesterday and luckily do not want to kill all the things.  I didn't need a snack for the first time in a long time.

Hopefully the sleepy time tea will help with the insomnia Ive been having.

Day 6:

Breakfast:

Sausage egg muffins & coffee

Lunch:

Arugala, beet and almond salad

Left over pork tenderloin & red potato

Snack: Epic bar

Supper:

Almond crusted cod,

Broccoli

Oven roasted potato wedges

Handful of nuts

Thoughts: slept well last night, finally! Neck pain is gone.  Feeling clear headed, Enjoying the delicious whole foods.

Need to shop and prep tomorrow for the rest of the week.

Day 7

Breakfast:

Scrambled eggs, apple sausage and leftover roasted squash, brussel sprouts and red onion

Snack:

Epic bar

Late lunch

Leftovers from breakfast

Snack:

1/2 c chipotle sweet potato soup

Dinner:

Ceasar salad (no cheese or croutons)

pot roast, potatoes & carrots

green beans

Before bed: sleepy time tea

Slept good last night and dreamed.  Only got up twice to go to the bathroom. I ate a lot today due to actual hunger.  I've been very active this week.  Over 10,000 steps a day.

Not sleepy or cranky.  But I do hate winter, the lack of sunlight makes me SADD.  I will schedule some fun things with friends and a trip to have something to look forward to during these dreary winter days.

Day 8

Breakfast

Pumpkin soup

chicken apple sausage

coffee with collagen peptides

Lunch

Leftover pot roast, green beans and gravy

sweet potato soup

Snack: Bananas, pecans and coconuts

Supper:

Roast chicken, squash & broccoli

Beet salad with spring mix

Before bed: Sleepy time tea

Thoughts: My energy level is starting to improve.  Sleep was about 6 1/2 hours, but good quality.  Made it back to yoga today!

whole30 day 10

Breakfast

pumpkin soup & chicken apple sausage & coffee

Lunch

left over burger & sweet potato salad

snack: RX bar

Dinner: salad, spaghetti squash, turkey meat sauce

Thoughts: woke up with migraine (hard pillow? Magnesium supplement? sleepy time tea?).  Felt better by 10, steady energy, 10K steps and some running at the gym.  More confidence

whole30 day 11

Breakfast: Chicken apple sausage & scrambled egg

Snack: banana & almond butter

Lunch: leftover spaghetti squash & turkey meat sauce

Snack: guacamole & sweet potato chips

Dinner:turkey, squash & kale stuffed peppers

Thoughts: slept great and late.  stuffed peppers would be better with hamburger, green peppers and riced cauliflower. 

whole 30 day 20

Breakfast

oven roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes and onions. Scrambled eggs, coffee

snack: 1/2 rx bar

Lunch buffet: chicken wings, chicken salad, spinach salad w/ sweet potato, Virgin mary

Dinner: paleo chicken masala, mashed potatos, green beans, caesar salad, sparkling cider

Thoughts: I should be feeling pretty good, but I don't feel the happiness I felt with my previous whole 30's, and my neck aches).  I've been getting 10K steps every day, my clothes are fitting better, sleep is better.  I'm going to tweak next week with more seafood meals (tuna, shrimp, salmon cakes, white fish).  and ease up on the eggs.

whole 30 day 22

breakfast: sausage egg muffins

lunch: leftover wedge salad with steak tips

snack: RX bar

dinner: haddock, potatoes & green beans, sweet potato chips

thoughts: really good energy, less sore, more focused, good sleep. still need to tweak breakfast, make soup & salmon cakes

Archived