New here

Dcdarula

Hi. I’m Denise. 61 years old. Battled body image issues since my teen years. Want to learn to eat healthy, make better choices, feel better and add pilates back in. Not sure where/how to start. Been reading & have whole 30 guide...should I start with a meal plan? (That’s so hard!)

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Welcome @Dcdarula! Yes, I'd say start with meal planning your first week, meaning all meals; breakfast, lunch, dinner. Remember, not all of your meals need to be fancy recipe meals!! All you need to do is make sure that you're following the rules and you're set! I recommend using the Meal Template to put your meals together. Your goal should be to eat enough to keep you satisfied between meals (4-5 hours), so don't be afraid of eating a lot of food (especially fats!). If your main protein source in a meal is eggs, make sure to eat as many as you can hold (typically 3-4) :)

See Meal Template: https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Good luck, you got this!

Hi there, i have decided to start  Whole 30, just for a month to get started and see what  happens.   is this safe for me -  i am 73 years old physically but mentally still in my 30's!!  I have been having problems with digestion( i think) and think it is due to a lactose problem  My docotor says to take Lactaid.  I am trying to avoid lactose but still dont feel well a lot of days.  My daughter does Whole 30 and she has encouraged me to try it.  Is it safe for someone my age??    All the pictures on the web site show those who appear in their 20's and 30's.   What about older retired people??  My daughter will be away for the next 2 weeks ( till the middle of Jan.)  When she returns  she will join me  to help me get started and to maintain this for 1 month.  I want to try it to see if i feel better.   I just want to know if it is safe for me.   I have no other health problems currently except for a mitral valve prolapse for which i take medication.  Thanks for advice and  support.  I am reading up on  the program and the info to educate myself till i start.  

• Moderators

Hi, @Blazerwag. Whole30 is safe at any age. You'll be eating lots of vegetables, some protein, and some healthy fats at each meal, with fruit occasionally if you want it. 

We have had older people do whole30 -- here's a past discussion from some of them if you're interested:  

Do continue to take any prescribed medications throughout your whole30, and definitely talk to your doctor if you're worried about anything related to your condition, but there really shouldn't be any reaspn you can't do this.

Archived