Brand new to Whole30, Have no kitchen

Walkswithdogs

Hi everyone. I hope there are still people out there on this forum. I don't see where anyone has posted in sometime. This is the first time I have ever posted anything on a forum and I think I'm going to need support trying to follow through with this program. I have failed the weight watches program four times and my health continues to deteriorate; I've had enough I read the Whole30 and was quite  intrigued by the concepts. I have purged my house of all non-compliant foods, filled it full of the compliant foods and researched many of the companies which are endorsed. I am as ready as I know how to be. My one concern is the readiness of my kitchen. My home is undergoing a massive remodel and I do not have a fully functioning kitchen. I am doing all my cooking in the basement with an electric skillet, a very basic microwave, an air fryer, crock pot and blessedly a coffee pot. I can only use one electrical appliance at a time or I will blow the fuses in the basement (big nono). Anyway, I hope I'm not setting myself up to fail but come tomorrow January 1, 2019 I am going to start the Whole30 Challenge unless someone comes back with an experience showing what I plan is a really poor idea. Wish me luck.

I'm on day seven of my W30. My joints are more painful, swollen, red and hot than ever. this is causing a reduction in the amount of hiking and Pilates I can do. However, I have SO much energy I simply do not know what to do with myself. I am sleeping better but I am taking Melanin at night. My clothes do not fit any better than they were, my rings don't fit any looser. As far as I can tell I have not lost any weight at all. I really want to get on scale; I am going to throw the scale into the dumpster just to make sure I don't breakdown and weight myself. 

I am so frustrated trying to cook in the limited space I have as a kitchen I could just scream. As a matter of fact, I did scream, cry and actually pull some hair out on day 4. I want my house remodel done so I can have my kitchen. It is near impossible to make a fully nutritious meal with an electric skillet, microwave and an air fryer. On this night I was trying to use a small electric element to make butternut soup--Oh what a mess I had. Even with the challenges I have I've been able to keep all of my meals compliant.

Tomorrow will be a real test, I am going out to dinner with my best friend. She has no interest in changing her eating habits and she does like her alcohol (so do I usually). So I have to stay on plan and I cannot have ETOH!!

Wow! I can not imagine trying to do something so prep intensive without a kitchen.  I remember how frustrating it was when my house was remodeled.  The fridge was still plugged in but it was in the den, the gas stove was sitting in the middle of the living room.  I applaud you for everything you are doing.  Hang in there.  Going out to dinner tomorrow will be a real challenge for you.  It will be so easy to have a "what the heck I deserve a reward" attitude.  But hang in there.  The best results are yet to come. I wonder if your friend will let you borrow her kitchen to precook some soups or boil some eggs.

Let us know how it goes, best wishes to you.

Archived