Interested in starting Whole 30

Blazerwag

•  
  • Blazerwag
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Hi there, i have decided to start  Whole 30, just for a month to get started and see what  happens.   is this safe for me -  i am 73 years old physically but mentally still in my 30's!!  I have been having problems with digestion( i think) and think it is due to a lactose problem  My docotor says to take Lactaid.  I am trying to avoid lactose but still dont feel well a lot of days.  My daughter does Whole 30 and she has encouraged me to try it.  Is it safe for someone my age??    All the pictures on the web site show those who appear in their 20's and 30's.   What about older retired people??  My daughter will be away for the next 2 weeks ( till the middle of Jan.)  When she returns  she will join me  to help me get started and to maintain this for 1 month.  I want to try it to see if i feel better.   I just want to know if it is safe for me.   I have no other health problems currently except for a mitral valve prolapse for which i take medication.  Thanks for advice and  support.  I am reading up on  the program and the info to educate myself till i start.  

Hi @Blazerwag and welcome! There's no age limit to finding a better way to fuel your body and eliminating the things that don't! My mom joined me on my first W30 in 2014 when she was 76 and it was great to be able to do it together. She still eats mostly W30 and I just finished my third go-round. Believe it or not, the 30 days goes by surprisingly quickly but, like so many others have said, preparation is the key. And label reading! It's shocking to discover how many questionable ingredients are being slipped into "food" but it's easy to avoid if you stick to the edges of the grocery store. Good luck and come back often for support and ideas.

22 hours ago, hollysmokes said:

Hi @Blazerwag and welcome! There's no age limit to finding a better way to fuel your body and eliminating the things that don't! My mom joined me on my first W30 in 2014 when she was 76 and it was great to be able to do it together. She still eats mostly W30 and I just finished my third go-round. Believe it or not, the 30 days goes by surprisingly quickly but, like so many others have said, preparation is the key. And label reading! It's shocking to discover how many questionable ingredients are being slipped into "food" but it's easy to avoid if you stick to the edges of the grocery store. Good luck and come back often for support and ideas.

thank you for your reply.  I am hoping this helps me feel better and i think it will be a little hard.  My daughter will help me with it   If can be diligent for 30 days i will be proud of myself.  I am determined to try.  Im studying about it and stocking up on some of the products i will need for some of the recipes.  I have about 2 weeks to prepare and learn - my daughter is away for 2 weeks and will go on this journey with me when she returns.

Archived