Newbie Here!!

lucystephens

Hello, everyone!  Tomorrow I start Whole 30.  Why tomorrow?  Well, I'm a southern girl, Texas, and we always eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day.  It's for good luck, don't you know!  It's my first time and I'll be an avid reader and participant of this forum.  I'll need all the help I can get!  I want this to work so I can feel better, lose weight and influence my 48 year old son to do this so he'll feel better and lose weight!  Whether it influences him or not, I'm doing this for me!  I'm 71 in March and I would love to make my doctor proud!  Have a blessed day, ya'll!

Thanks for the reply!  I’m in day 3 and I’m exhausted!  Can’t figure out why I’m so tired.  Any other “diet” I’ve ever tried never made me feel this bad.  But, I’m going to put it out there on the Forum and see what everyone else says.  Btw, I’m in New Braunfels, Texas.  It’s a quickly growing town northeast of San Antonio!  Where are you?

I'm a first-timer too, just started on the 1st. According to the timeline, days 2-3 are "The Hangover", so a lot of what you're feeling may just be normal reactions most bodies get as they go through those first few days of not getting what they're used to getting. I don't drink, but the sugar withdrawal was real, with day 2 being the worst for me. I think if we cut out everything we're supposed to, that's enough to make us feel crummy while we're adjusting to the new "way things are".

Day 2 was my major detox day, when my body realized I really wasn't going to give it any sugar regardless of how crappy it made me feel. The result was that I slept almost all day long, quite seriously. I also had severe body pains all that day, with a headache that could've woken the dead. It was serious withdrawal, but I think sleeping through helped.

Day 3 I felt more human, still tired but climbing back up out of it, and it's been a little better each day since then in terms of overall energy levels. (Day 4 I even skipped caffeine entirely, but day 5/today I had a cup of coffee with my breakfast.)

One thing I keep seeing repeated by the mods and people who've done this multiple times -- make sure you're following the meal template (and for exhaustion, they often ask if the person is eating enough). I'm not the greatest about following the template, but I'm trying (and it does often look like more food than I'd think should go on my plate), and I do think following it more closely helps me get from meal to meal without in-between snackiness (due to hunger, anyway) and tiredness.

Good luck to you!

Archived