Do not eat dairy rule....

Nakeita

Hi,

i know the only thing that’s whole30 is clarified butter or ghee, regarding the do not eat dairy rule. However both are dairy products for which I’m intolerant.

I usually use Earth balance soy free traditional spread (see attached)    Reading the ingredients, I’m not sure about pea protein, sunflower lecithin, lactic cause and annatti extract...

It is not something I use daily, but should needed I’d like to know!

Can someone be of assistance please? 

Thank you!

Happy New Year!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Moderators

Pea protein is not allowed because of the no legumes rule. 

For your whole30, you can cook in olive, coconut, or avocado oil, or animal fats like lard or tallow. For adding to vegetables, for instance on a baked potato or sweet potato, try olive or coconut oil, or add a bit of almond or other nut butter. Or to go on any vegetable or meat where you just feel like it needs something, you can use a variety of sauces or dips -- mayo, chimichurri, compliant pesto (probably not the store bought ones, they'll mostly have cheese), hollandaise -- basically, if there's a sauce you like, Google Whole30 plus the name of the sauce, and someone out there has probably come up with a recipe for it or something similar to it.

Archived