January 2019 group text :)

Jihanna

I figured I'd start a new topic here so the invitation won't get lost in the topic I've been watching, and also make it more available to others who started at the same time but didn't make it over to that topic. My thought is that if you started on the 1st / 2nd, the whole thing fits snugly into January and we'll all be close enough together that we can offer support.

To join the group, PM me directly:
- ask for the GROUP LINK if you want to join online
- ask me to ADD YOU (and provide your phone #) if you want to be added by me
*** If you want to use the app, I suggest using the group link to set things up. If you know you'll only want to use your phone's text service, have me get your # added to the group and I'll send you back the # you'll need to text in order to communicate with us. You CAN join online and communicate via text instead of using the app on your phone, also.

I'll be using GroupMe (https://groupme.com) to manage the group chat. How people in the group take part is up to them -- there's a web portal, app (iOS, Android, and Windows phone), or SMS for sending/receiving messages. I think this will be the easiest option that doesn't require anyone to have a specific app installed, while also giving good management features. For those living outside the US, you may be able to use GroupME via SMS, but would be subject to international rates (if applicable) to a US-based number (all SMS concerns are nil if you opt for the web/app, of course).

Please understand this is NOT intended to replace this forum. Being able to get advice/input from the moderators here is invaluable, and I think it's important that we remember to come here when we need more than moral support and/or prayers from others who are making the same journey. What the text group IS: a place where we can post updates throughout the day, ask if others are experiencing a specific symptom/issue, share pictures of our meals (and comment on the yum factor), etc. I am asking that we keep things compliant, too, so we're truly supporting one another's efforts to do this well.

Archived