Starting today 1/4/19

Dehh

Hey all. Started my 2nd Whole 30 today. I spent some time prepping yesterday; shopped Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods, made chipotle chicken salad and a breakfast casserole. I am not a fan of leftovers so I’m only making enough of my meals to provide 2 servings (I can stand i day of leftovers). 

Would love to find a support buddy to join me on this journey. 

Hi, Dehh.  Happy to hear of another person starting today!  This is my first go around- props to you for giving it another go.  I went to the store (Sprouts) on Wednesday to get some basics that would last me a few days.  The book wasn't kidding when they said to plan on spending an hour in the store (it's like they know!) but I surprisingly left feeling very motivated as opposed to overwhelmed.  I have today and tomorrow morning/lunch figured out, but next task is to get meat and start preparing that for meals.  Fruits and veggies are no problem for me to eat, but it's cooking meat that intimidates me, primarily because I'm a bit picky (usually just eat chicken and ground beef). 

Happy to be a support or virtual "high five" buddy for you. 

Any other folks starting today?

I totally forgot about Sprouts. Next week I’ll stop in there. Keep me posted on your meal ideas pls. My plans took a bit of a detour today. I had to stay over 4 hours at work so I missed a meal. Thankfully I had an Epic bar in my purse. I have to remember to always be prepared :D

Nothing too crazy so far for meals.  Did some browsing on Pinterest over the weekend and excited to try a few this week.

Meals so far that are "noteworthy" for me personally:
-Lunch Saturday: Applegate Turkey Breast lunch meet rolled up with avocado and bacon with carrots/cucumbers and an apple.  Was a good lighter lunch because I knew I'd be going for a walk/jog shortly after that.
-Dinner Saturday: steak along side mashed potatoes using duck fat and chicken broth, and braised kale with onion and bacon.  Surprisingly delicious for a few reasons: 1) very seldom eat steak 2) never used duck fat for cooking and 3) not a huge fan of kale... but when made right!  And bacon makes everything better :) 

Tonight I'm going to use up some roasted chicken before it goes bad.  Doing the "Whole 30 Fast and Easy" Pork Green Chili Stew recipe.  We'll see how it is with Chicken. 

Archived