1st timer, starting Jan 7th!

Scootykatie

Hello, its it Katie? not sure how you'd like to be addressed.

I'm starting on Tuesday 8th. I only found the book on Saturday, so I need to clear out the kitchen, plan and shop. 

I live in UK and don't have any support network either.

I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Regards Sarah

Hi everyone,  I am a busy teacher who is both terrified and excited to start whole30.  I am doing it for me and for my personal health and happiness.  My dad is a living success story and I know whole30 will only improve my life.  My boyfriend Rob is on board and we are doing this together. I believe our motivations are a little different.  We are on the same page for accomplishing better health and happiness, but he is definitely a different body type and his relationship with food is way different than mine.  I am all about emotional eating.  Just looking for a place for support in all ways and a place to vent if needed.    I am reaching out for support and a group that is willing to post and talk to discuss the process.  I am from Los Angeles and welcome all support! Here We Go - We Got This!!! 

22-you-got-this-meme-9.jpg

On 1/4/2019 at 3:49 PM, Scootykatie said:

Hello! In two days I start the whole30. I live in Miami with my husband and 3 girls. I have no family here. They are all in Boston, MA where I'm from. Any support from this group will be much appreciated. 

Hi Katie!

My husband and I (in Mansfield, TX) are also starting tomorrow.  I'm leery because I hate most vegetables, so I will need support and motivation!  

Excited to have people going through this with me!

~Heather

8 hours ago, SarahMP said:

Hello, its it Katie? not sure how you'd like to be addressed.

I'm starting on Tuesday 8th. I only found the book on Saturday, so I need to clear out the kitchen, plan and shop. 

I live in UK and don't have any support network either.

I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Regards Sarah

Hi Sarah!  I'm excited to have met some people who are on the same timeline as I am -- we shopped today, so we are ready for week 1, at least!  

We've got this!!!! It's *only* 30 days, right??? 

~Heather

9 hours ago, Littlebutfierce said:

Hi Sarah!  I'm excited to have met some people who are on the same timeline as I am -- we shopped today, so we are ready for week 1, at least!  

We've got this!!!! It's *only* 30 days, right??? 

t

~Heather

Hi Heather, it's very nice to 'meet' you. Thank you for your message and good luck for starting today. 

Yesterday I cleared out the kitchen and today I'm meal planning and shopping. I only found the books on Saturday and just knew I wanted to do it. I'm excited to start, but also a bit scared about having to do without foods which are emotional rather than nutritional. 

You are right, we can do anything for 30 days, can't we. You've hit on an important bit of self-support I think - a phrase to use when it gets tough - and reading through the books, it probably will :).  I'm mentally prepared for difficult I think, looking at it as an experiment on myself rather than a restrictive 'diet'. All the diets I've done in the past failed because of the feeling of deprivation, so removing that idea from my mind and viewing it as an experiment for 30 days will make me stronger.

I'd be glad to hear how you fared on day 1. All the best to you.

Sarah

11 minutes ago, Katrina2428 said:

Hi!  I'm in Spain and just starting today the 7th.  Be good to see how everyone is getting on.  It feels like a huge challenge to me!

Hello Katrina, I'm starting tomorrow, so am deep in planning and organising. 

I agree, it feels like a huge challenge, but I'm excited for the benefits. 

Good luck to you

Sarah

6 hours ago, mistysickmeier said:

I'm so happy to see all of you here! My name is Misty and I am also starting this journey January 7th. TOMORROW!!! I am excited, but nervous. I currently have the support of my co-worker/friend who actually introduced this program to me. We CAN do this!! 

Hi Misty,

I'm Sarah from UK and am starting tomorrow, 8th.

I'm also a bit nervous, but I think the benefits will be more than worth it. All the testimonials in the book are exciting reading. I've copied a few onto a sheet for my fridge door - to help when feeling weak.

All the best to you. Let me know how day 1 goes please. 

Hi Everyone!  I'm Francesca and my husband and I are starting today, too.  We had a really productive weekend planning, shopping, and prepping.  This is our third Whole30 and I'm very excited to get started.  We use this as our annual "re-set" into more healthy eating  after the holidays.  I'm also extra motivated this time since I had my cholesterol tested in November and the numbers were higher than I was hoping for so I may extend mine to a Whole60 to or 90 before getting my cholesterol re-tested. 

Are any of you all going to post your meals to this thread?  I'm always interested in other people's menus.  :-)

Here's mine for today:

Breakfast:  Frittata with guacamole

Lunch:  Michelle Tam's Instant Pot Beef Stew (https://nomnompaleo.com/post/155033019073/pressure-cooker-beef-stew) and steamed broccoli

Dinner:  Stuffed Peppers (recipe from the Whole30 book) and side salad.

I hope everyone's having a great first day!

Francesca

Hello! I started today too! This is my first Whole30 and I'm eager to see what happens. O.M.G just after one day I want SUGAR!!!! But holding strong and drinking tea (no honey, just lemon lol). We'll see what tomorrow brings. Glad to know others are on the same timeline as me :) We got this!!!

9 hours ago, emae said:

Hello! I started today too! This is my first Whole30 and I'm eager to see what happens. O.M.G just after one day I want SUGAR!!!! But holding strong and drinking tea (no honey, just lemon lol). We'll see what tomorrow brings. Glad to know others are on the same timeline as me :) We got this!!!

Day 2.  I went to Wal-mart this morning to buy almond butter, and the smell of the bakery almost drove me INSANE.  

Glad to know others are having the same struggles!  We can do this!

~H

On 1/7/2019 at 2:56 AM, SarahMP said:

Hi Misty,

I'm Sarah from UK and am starting tomorrow, 8th.

I'm also a bit nervous, but I think the benefits will be more than worth it. All the testimonials in the book are exciting reading. I've copied a few onto a sheet for my fridge door - to help when feeling weak.

All the best to you. Let me know how day 1 goes please. 

Hi, Sarah! Day one was great! Today was day one for you, how'd it go?? 

6 hours ago, mistysickmeier said:

Hi, Sarah! Day one was great! Today was day one for you, how'd it go?? 

Hi Misty, well done you.

It was fine thanks; easier than expected. I think I can do this. 

Hope we're feeling the same after a week :)

On 1/8/2019 at 4:25 AM, emae said:

Hi emae, how are you getting on? Is the sugar still screaming at you? 

I've just begun day two and am having my first drink of the day - green tea instead of my usual, much enjoyed, fresh coffee. 

Good luck to you

Sarah

On 1/8/2019 at 2:28 AM, xx_firefly said:

Hi everyone! My name is Shannon, and I just started take 2 of Whole30. Hope everyone here had a good first day! We got this!

Hi Shannon, how are you getting on?

I hope you don't mind the question, but I'm interested that you're doing a take 2. How did you find the first time and was it helpful?

Regards Sarah

Hi SK. I’m Susie and I live in Key Largo.  Also a first timer, started Sunday.  but I have the advantage of being here alone! For a few days.  Kids are grown and out of the house, husband back in Virginia.  So happy to have found all of you! Making lots of great compliant meals and doing lots of dishes  

This is the first time I’ve completely given up sugar and alcohol, but I’m determined.  unfortunately I’m extremely grumpy and have a wicked headache.

i have a family history of heart desease and diabetes and aforementioned sugar addiction. I’m trying to embrace the very strange changes going on on my body, but I frankly feel like crap today - Day 4

xox

Hey guys, I started my whole30 on 1/2, but made a decision to restart when I remembered a wedding I had on 1/5. It's weird because my first two whole30's nothing and no one could get me to deviate from my plan, but I felt like I would be ok just starting over this time. I actually had monday off from work so I re-started 1/8. I did my shopping again and have meals planned for the next couple of days and the weekend. This round it feels like my heart is just not in it, but I lost 50 lbs last year and gained about 15 back, I do not want to slide back that far so this is necessary to get me back to eating healthy. 

Archived