If I miss a meal do I add it to the next one?

EvB

Hi, I was out longer than expected today and not near any food. I’d eaten breakfast at 10am after my workout and was able to pick up some nuts at 5pm on the train, but not home and able to have dinner until 8. I just combined meals 2-3 sort of (almost doubled the protein and had extra veggies and more nuts, which I normally wouldn’t have done since I ate a small bag on the train. Is this the best approach or should I have had a meal at 7 and another at 11? Thanks!

• Moderators

In this circumstance, assuming this is a pretty rare occurrence, I think whichever approach works for you is fine. We don't encourage skipping meals, obviously, but if you miss one meal in your 30 days, it's probably not going to be too big a deal, so if you were just not hungry enough to make up the meal or only ate two full meals and a partial meal or snack, that would probably be okay -- again, as long as it's not happening regularly. Really, try not to overthink this -- as long as the food you eat is all compliant, you're doing a Whole30, and as long as most of your meals throughout your 30 days meet the meal template, you should have good results. 

Archived