Starving & worried about high cholesterol

I am on day 7, i had a high sugar high

processed food diet before i began, i ate 2-3 meals a day with candy/junk food in between sometimes.  Occasionally i have had borderline high cholesterol usually when i eat a lot of junk food & fried foods.  Now to my questions, i get hungry or what feels like hunger a couple hours after a meal of some sort of meat & vegtables.  I have been eating a piece of fruit or an egg between meals but just read snacking isn’t recommended & that eating more fat is.  I have been using an app to track nutrients & fat is usually a lot.  As far as i know (other than in meat which i eat a lot of turkey, chicken occasionally beef) the fats i eat are from eggs, avocados.  How/what do i eat at a meal to last til the next meal & does too much good fat raise your cholesterol?

First of, welcome! 

The easiest way for anyone to be able to make some meal suggestions or ideas for tweaks is to list out a couple days worth of what you've eaten (with portion sizes and water intake if you remember all that). 

It's unlikely that what you're eating has much, if anything, to do with your blood serum cholesterol. This article breaks it down pretty well - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/dietary-cholesterol-does-not-matter#section4

Lastly, I would honestly stop tracking the nutrients with your app for a while. Make your meal and look at your plate: does it have at least a palm-sized portion of protein, a heap of veggies that are not just potatoes/sweet potatoes, and some fat? If yes, then you've got a really good start. Tracking is stressful and then seeing numbers that are unexpectedly different is more stressful. Stress in this area doesn't particularly help anything. Vary your veggies and you'll get plenty of a variety of nutrients (with the possible exception of vitamin D, though that's in salmon). 

Lately this is a typical day, i havent been much of a breakfast eater so I usually eat a couple hard boiled eggs & maybe an apple, lunch is a couple palm sized proteins & a cup of veggies, dinner is either the same as lunch or a Chipolte Whole30 salad.  I found a while30 eggplant goulash recipe which is pretty good but a serving is only a cup.

• Moderators

If that's all I ate in a day, I'd be starving too!

Have you seen the meal template? (it's linked in my signature below).  Try and make all your meals match as far as quantity of each item.  Your breakfast has no veggies and no fat, your lunch has no fat and from what I gather your dinner is probably lacking also.

Not wanting breakfast is common among people who may need to work through their hormones adjusting.  The recommendation is to eat a template meal within an hour of waking. If you can't eat the whole thing, wrap it up and take it with you to eat from as soon as you feel able (not waiting for the next meal or feeling hungry)  It gets better pretty quickly :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 1:03 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

If that's all I ate in a day, I'd be starving too!

Have you seen the meal template? (it's linked in my signature below).  Try and make all your meals match as far as quantity of each item.  Your breakfast has no veggies and no fat, your lunch has no fat and from what I gather your dinner is probably lacking also.

Not wanting breakfast is common among people who may need to work through their hormones adjusting.  The recommendation is to eat a template meal within an hour of waking. If you can't eat the whole thing, wrap it up and take it with you to eat from as soon as you feel able (not waiting for the next meal or feeling hungry)  It gets better pretty quickly :)

Thank you ladies!  I have been eating more (fruit, veggies, meat & avocados)for lunch & dinner & so far no hunger between meals!!!

Archived