Heightened sense of smell?

Staggolee41

I'm on day eight of my second Whole30 (so much easier this time!). I'm going to call this an NSV - and I don't remember experiencing it the first time around - but my sense of smell is so heightened now! Not only am I smelling the foods I can't have - I can smell a burger joint I'm passing from the highway - but all smells in general. I smelled cheese from several feet away the other night, along with brisket smoking a block away and dirty dishes from a room on the opposite side of my house. Cigarettes being smoked on the other side of a heavy, sealed, external door (this one I complained about, as I was in yoga class and found it disruptive, only to find that no one else could smell it).

Is anyone else experiencing something like this??

I've found certain smells to be overwhelming. I think I also have a heightened sense of taste? I had to switch my toothpaste because the mint was too strong after the first week of W30! I couldn't drink a "mocha" I made because the coconut milk was so strong. My partner barely noticed the coconut, but I felt like that was all I could taste. I do like coconut, but that was overwhelming!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, megbeveridge said:

I've found certain smells to be overwhelming. I think I also have a heightened sense of taste? I had to switch my toothpaste because the mint was too strong after the first week of W30! I couldn't drink a "mocha" I made because the coconut milk was so strong. My partner barely noticed the coconut, but I felt like that was all I could taste. I do like coconut, but that was overwhelming!

Not to stray from the original point of the post but 'mocha' is not on for the program.  Cocoa is only approved for use in savory foods like chili or as the rub on a steak, not for recreating sweet treats like hot chocolate and mochas.

11 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Not to stray from the original point of the post but 'mocha' is not on for the program.  Cocoa is only approved for use in savory foods like chili or as the rub on a steak, not for recreating sweet treats like hot chocolate and mochas.

It was a bitter chocolate like coffee, but using cocoa. I only called it a mocha because it's coffee and cocoa. 

Archived