Alamo Drafthouse experience?

Staggolee41

Hi all! I am attending a once-a-year event at my local Alamo here in Austin this weekend, and after a quick review of the menu, I'm not finding much that could be compliant. I searched the forums and found people who had success with the spaghetti squash, but that has (unfortunately) been removed from their menu. I contacted the company and asked for a full ingredients list, which I was told they do not have, but would be happy to consult with the kitchen. I sent over the rules, and they were overwhelmed... *facepalm*

I see the steak salad would probably be OK, if I asked them to leave off the dressing and the cotija, but I still need to know how the steak is marinated and cooked. I asked that question and am still waiting for a response. Has anyone gotten a definite answer from them on anything that's currently on the menu? Here's a link to the current one for reference:

http://s3.drafthouse.com/menus/Slaughter-Lakeline_Food_Menu_(9.27).pdf

Hi @Staggolee41, this is a tougher menu to figure out, but I do think your best bet is the steak salad. Instead of asking how it's already made, call ahead and ask if they will allow you to place your order ahead of time, and order the steak salad with the steak cooked with just salt and pepper, and remove the cheese from the salad. To make things better, I would suggest bringing your own delicious salad dressing from home, which in my opinion is what makes or breaks a salad anyways. Remember, meals dont need to be complicated. I salt and peppered steak with a very simply mixed green salad with dressing/mayo works! Even if you just ask for the lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. I've actually found that many restaurants are willing willing to make extra special requests happen as long as you give them a few days notice of exactly what you want. 

Archived