Itchy skin

Hi all, I just started my first Whole30 yesterday (1/7) and last night and on and off today, I've noticed that my skin (mostly my scalp) is itchy. I've been drinking tons of water, but it doesn't seem to be reducing the itchiness. Has anyone else experienced this? I've been slowly integrating some W30 foods and decreasing dairy and wheat/oats, etc., the last week or so before I started yesterday.

Any feedback would be great. Thank you!

• Moderators

It's a bit uncommon to have an itchy reaction not even 24 hours in to the Whole30 altho I suppose if you ate a TON of something that you don't normally eat, that might be it... it could be that it's winter and possibly dry in your area and the timing is a coincidence?

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, espolcyn said:

I’m so itchy too! I am on Day 5. Scalp, neck, ears, hands and feet... all itching. Is this a thing?

To rule out the most obvious -- have you changed laundry detergent/fabric softener, soap/body wash, lotion, or anything like that recently?

Food-wise, it could be an allergic reaction to something. If there's something you're eating now that you've never eaten before, or something that you ate occasionally that now you're eating every day, those would be a good place to start -- try leaving those out for a few days and see if it clears up. 

If you are concerned, or if it's not getting better, and especially if it's getting any worse or if it seems to be affecting your throat or mouth at all, you need to contact your doctor. If it is an allergy to food, it might continue to just be itching on your extremities, but it could get much worse without warning. 

Archived