No Poop Going on Day 9

KGreen

I have not had a normal bowel movement since I started nine days ago...I've been 100% compliant, drink plenty of water...I've tried Magnesium oil and Miralax and peppermint tea...and, still no poo. I'm eating mostly proteins and veg (a mix of cooked and raw), a few nuts (will give that up), avocado, avocado oil and coconut oil...not much fruit. I feel like my eyes are going to turn brown. Help!

I was having some trouble getting regular for a bit there too, but yesterday and today I had a tablespoon of ground flax seed and it really helped both days.

Apple sometimes helps me too, you could try some apple with prosciutto, or in a salad/other dish? I find them quite good cooked with chicken and carrots too.

This is my life struggle. Whether I'm on the program or not, staying regular is pretty much a constant struggle for me. Here's what does it when I get desperate...

• High amounts of very fibrous, raw veggies like kale, carrots, broccoli. Don't skip out on your other foods (fats, proteins, etc.) but just eat way more fiber. Sometimes I'll just eat raw carrots all day long to get some good fiber into me. 
  • Coffee. If you already drink a cup a day, drink another one. Or you could try making it extra strong. If you don't normally drink any coffee, a cup should do it. 
  • Way way way more water. Especially if you're going to up your caffeine, drink about two glasses of water before your coffee, after your coffee, and before each meal. You seriously can't get enough of it when you're constipated because your body needs water to push all of that old, dehydrated poo out of you
  • Gelatin and MCT oil in my coffee. Just be really careful with MCT oil because if your body isn't already used to it and you take too much, you will literally s*** your pants.

If I do all of this in a day, it finally happens either that day or the next for me. Good luck guys! Let me know if it works out for you

3 hours ago, Heathermarie74 said:

This is my life struggle. Whether I'm on the program or not, staying regular is pretty much a constant struggle for me. Here's what does it when I get desperate...

• High amounts of very fibrous, raw veggies like kale, carrots, broccoli. Don't skip out on your other foods (fats, proteins, etc.) but just eat way more fiber. Sometimes I'll just eat raw carrots all day long to get some good fiber into me. 
  • Coffee. If you already drink a cup a day, drink another one. Or you could try making it extra strong. If you don't normally drink any coffee, a cup should do it. 
  • Way way way more water. Especially if you're going to up your caffeine, drink about two glasses of water before your coffee, after your coffee, and before each meal. You seriously can't get enough of it when you're constipated because your body needs water to push all of that old, dehydrated poo out of you
  • Gelatin and MCT oil in my coffee. Just be really careful with MCT oil because if your body isn't already used to it and you take too much, you will literally s*** your pants.

If I do all of this in a day, it finally happens either that day or the next for me. Good luck guys! Let me know if it works out for you

Thanks! This is awesome and your last bullet point made me laugh! That was me 6 days ago when I decided to have a pint of 100% organic prune juice as was at my limit!

Had to Google MCT (never heard of it) but will try everything - and the water. I just have two more glasses reading/writing this.

Archived