Allergy Medicine

striving for health

I am on day three of my first whole30. I normally take an off brand version of Zyrtec (as recommended by my doctor) every day because I have year round allergy symptoms (scratchy or itchy throat, runny nose, stuffy nose etc.). I realized on day one that my off brand antihistamine contains corn starch and that’s a no go for Whole30. So I went and bought a different one but just found it contains glycerin which is also a no. I need help! Anyone have an over the counter antihistamine that does not contain anything from the no list??? 

I tried to just go without taking any allergy meds at all for the last three days but am now suffering for it. I’m on Whole30 to figure out a possible mild  allergy that is causing my skin to break out and my eczema to worsen if that helps for context. 

• Moderators

Doctor's orders trump Whole30 so you can keep taking what you're taking.  You may find as you move through the program and get your gut more healed that your allergy symptoms reduce and you can try going off the meds again closer to the end of the program.

Archived