Allison's Whole 30 Log

Aliem999

1 hour ago, Jihanna said:

I really don't like mayo at all, at least in terms of being able to taste it as mayonnaise. However, I LOVE homemade salad dressings that are mayo-based, and that's honestly where the majority of my homemade mayo goes right now. I'll grab a spoon or two of mayo, add some herbs and/or spices and maybe some extra acid (like lemon juice), thin it up with a little almond or coconut milk... delicious and takes about a minute to whip up a completely customized drizzle for my salad (or leave the "thinning" agents and make a custom dip for veggies).

Just thought I'd toss that idea out there, in case it might help for if/when you try making your own again :)
I definitely prefer my homemade stuff to the store-bought stuff, before and after changing it up to make dressings and dips.

True. I don't mind just vinegar and oil based dressings. Though recently I have tried some of the primal dressings, which are pretty good, but even then, most of the ones I have had are not creamy. Plus we have avocados a plenty here in SoCal so getting fat from those is so easy. :)

At some point, I may try again, but it will likely be when I have more free time since I am not in any rush to do so....It's been 5+ years since I made mayo and the horrific flavor still haunts me!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 15 (Wednesday)

Today was okay. Has some coffee due to my daughter not sleeping well, but otherwise felt pretty good otherwise and definitely feel slimmer. TMI, but my BMs have not been good all week. Never really had this issue on previous Whole30s. Can't really pin point why since it started Monday morning and what I ate over the weekend is not what I am eating during the week. Wondering if it is hormone changes since it's almost that time of the month. Going to give it a few days and see if it improves. Also, I did make it onto the walking treadmill today. Had over 11k steps in total! Not the best exercise, but it's a start.

Breakfast (8 AM): Chicken and veggie soup and strawberries with coconut

Lunch (12 PM): Roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts, onions, bell peppers and carrots and turkey roll ups (lettuce, onion, sprouts, mayo and primal ranch)

Dinner (7:30): Chili and guac. Snacked on some roasted potatoes I prepped for tomorrow beacause they were so yummy. Wound up eating a full serving around 9 PM. Whoops!

Day 16 (Thursday!)

More than halfway, though the longer I get through this Whole30 the more likely it seems that I will extend for at least 45 days, if not 60 so that I have a stronger meal prep habit. Today was fine. Had a work event. I did not do the walking treadmill, but I had 10k steps for the day so I did walk around at least a decent amount at the event. They had a food truck there, but I was not even tempted.

Breakfast (8 AM): Chicken and veggie soup and strawberries with coconut

Lunch (12 PM): Roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts, onions, bell peppers and carrots and turkey roll ups (onion, sprouts, mayo and primal ranch) no lettuce today. forgot to bring more.

Dinner (6:30): Chili and guac. crispy prosciutto

Day 17 (Friday)

Friday was a rough day at work. I did not get a ton of movement in and I was so busy in meetings that nothing else really was done. Husband called as I was leaving work and wanted a burger, so picked up the Habit for the family.

Breakfast (8 AM): eggs and roasted potatoes and strawberries with coconut

Lunch (12 PM): chili and guac

Dinner (6:30): habit burger, lettuce wrapped, no mayo, etc.

Day 19 (Saturday)

Did it again! I repeated a day so really Saturday was day 19 and not day 18. Saturday was a busy day. Woke up later because the baby was up half the night so she slept in until 8 (we are starting to get worried that she is sick so she is definitely going to the doctor on Monday). She has been grumpy too! Tried to take her for a car ride to get a nap in before lunch and it did not work. Just wound up taking a grumpy baby to Costco for a few items. After lunch we took the dog to the dog park and of course that is where she decided to sleep, so I couldn't even get in some light jogging and running around with the dogs.

Breakfast (8 AM): eggs with spinach and onions, hash browns, guac, salsa, sausage?

Lunch (12 PM): remaining chili and guac

Dinner (7:30): made a hash with all the wilting produce. carrots, part of a zucchini, a stalk of celery, onions and spicy Italian sausage with an egg and guac on top.

NSV: had to go a notch lower on my watch band and I definitely look smaller. Honestly at home has not been a big deal. It is really just the eating out part. Day 30 comes on June 26th for me, so if I extend it for another 15 days end on the 11th of July and another 15 after that is the 26th of July. We definitely have some things planning and are trying to move by the end of July so that would make it harder than going just until the 26th.

Day 20 (Sunday)

Crazy day. Made a Fathers day breakfast for my husband and father in law. The pancakes did not even tempt me, though I did almost lick my fingers! Would I have liked to have one, sure, but also giving them up was not a big deal (though I am not a sweets person anyway). Breakfast was a hit. My daughter threw a fit before swim practice so we left. Oh well. They are are giving us a make up. Dinner out was easy to navigate. I did have killer heartburn as I was trying to sleep. I tried all natural remedies I had on hand, but it was so bad I felt like throwing up and could not sleep. I usually never get heartburn so I am not sure why I got it and so badly. I made the executive decision and took some tums. Not compliant, but I was so miserable at that point I figured it would kind of count under the "doctors advice" column. I felt better almost instantly and I definitely do not regret it. If this were my first one, I likely would have felt bad, but I am also likely adding on extra days so it will likely wash out.

Breakfast (9:30 AM): eggs with spinach and onions, hash browns, sauteed mini sweet peppers, strawberries and blueberries, guacamole

Lunch (2 PM): some of the leftover hash and a fried egg. I was not super hungry from such a large and late breakfast and I knew we were going to dinner at 5 so I only had a small meal

Dinner (5 PM): We went to Souplantation for dinner. Made a huge salad with lots of eggs and brought some ghee for a baked potato

NSV: my rings are sliding around a lot again. Definitely more confident. Fairly happy. Sleep is all over the place but that is because of my daughter and not what I am doing so I cannot really say whether that is better or not.

Day 21 (Monday)

Husband brought home pizza for dinner tonight. I was only a little jealous, because I am not a huge fan of round table, but if it had been from a place I love, it would have been so hard! Otherwise the day went okay. My daughter is sick though so that has been a pain. Hopefully she feels better soon!

Breakfast (8:00 AM): sauteed sweet peppers, chorizo patties and strawberries with coconut

Lunch (1 PM): burger with mayo, BBQ sauce, caramelized onions, mushrooms and lettuce. side of cole slaw.

Dinner (6:30 PM): some hash. was hungry later so had crispy prosciutto.

Wednesday I have an all day event. I got some less then optimal snacks to tide me through. Though I may leave early and grab a burger on my way back for lunch. My goal is just to be complaint that day, not necessarily the meal plan template.

Day 22 (Tuesday)

Tuesday was just all over the place. I will say my nails are super strong again! So yay! This week has been a crazy week, but I have not strayed!

Breakfast (8:00 AM): sauteed sweet peppers, chorizo patties and strawberries with coconut

Lunch (1 PM): burger with mayo, BBQ sauce, caramelized onions, mushrooms and lettuce. Forgot my coleslaw. but I was still reasonably full.

Dinner (6:30 PM): some hash and guac.

Prepped some carrots for Wednesday's meeting. Definitely won't be ideal or recommended, but it will be compliant.

Day 23 (Wednesday)

Even crazier day! Drove to the conference at 6 am. Decided to stay the whole day so my plans had to be adjusted. Had a couple of hours to work when I got in. I could not really bring too much stuff unless I wanted to lug around a bunch of tupperware all day. Lunch obviously was no where near the template, but surprisingly kept me full until about 3:30/4. I had more snacks with me, but originally I figured I would grab a burger on my way back. On my way back I had a touch of heartburn (weird) so decided to wait until I got home to make some dinner.

Breakfast (6:00 AM): sauteed sweet peppers, chorizo patties and strawberries with coconut (extra strawberries and coconut today)

Snack (9:30 AM): I was not hungry, but they had fruit skewers as part of the breakfast offerings. I was not sure how filling my "lunch" would be so I ate two just to put something in my stomach

Lunch (12 PM): bag of carrots, mama chia seeds pouch and a kids RX bar.

Dinner (7:30 PM): two fried eggs, hash browns and two slices of bacon. I was starving by the time I ate. It also did not help that I did not have nearly enough water today. I was still a little hungry after dinner, but was too tired to make something after my long day and 4 hours of driving.

Overall the day went well. I did not need the full sized RX bar and RX almond butter pouch I also brought. I definitely should have had a bigger lunch, but figured nothing was about as good of an option as another RX bar. I was surprised that I even liked the bar. Most bars I find are ultra sweet or processed tasting. I might buy a box of the kid sized ones (since no one needs so much sugar in one sitting) for emergencies, even after my Whole30.

Side note: my Target now carries a bunch or primal dressings, sauces and mayos at a more reasonable price than sprouts. It was more in line with the Whole Foods price, which I think is pretty reasonable. It's not a good deal, and obviously making my own is cheaper, but there are a few flavors I really like.

Day 24 (Thursday)

Apparently this week was not crazy enough. My in laws got into a car accident (they are okay, thank goodness), but it meant that i had to pick up my daughter from daycare and make her dinner, while also dealing with a work fire drill. Made it through though, but was so tired that I think I fell asleep before 9 PM.

Breakfast (8:30 AM): eggs with spinach, caramelized onions and mushrooms. My husband fed my daughter my last burger patty (not already already packed for lunch) the night before so I had some leftover toppings. Also had strawberries and coconut.

Lunch (12 PM): burger with mayo, BBQ sauce, caramelized onions, mushrooms and lettuce. Forgot my coleslaw AGAIN! I had some extra lettuce and mayo so it worked out.

Dinner (6:30 PM): chicken sausage with Trader Joe's riced veggie mix. Since I was so tired I had some hash browns too thinking the carbs would perk me up. It did not and I fell asleep shortly after.

I am hoping my energy returns next week. I am pretty sure it is just from the lack of sleep last week plus the craziness of this week, since I felt so energized weeks two and three. I am pretty sure I am going to have to work a bit this weekend, but hopefully I can have some nice R&R. I have a massage scheduled for Saturday morning (Mother's Day gift I did not cash in that weekend since I was sick so it seemed silly to have one until I was fully better)

Day 25 (Friday)

Busy day. Work event at Disneyland. Could not go in to the park, because I had to go back to the client. Forgot my breakfast in the morning, so I picked up a scramble and potatoes that doubled as lunch on my way back. I did enjoy working outside the Disneyland Hotel before the event. It was a nice day and a cheery atmosphere. Went to the movies after work. While I missed the popcorn, saying no was not too hard to do. This is getting easier and easier.

Breakfast (8:30 AM): scramble with onions and basil and roasted potatoes

Lunch (1:30 PM): scramble with onions and basil and roasted potatoes

Dinner (6:30 PM): chicken sausage with Trader Joe's riced veggie mix.

Day 26 (Saturday)

Much more relaxing day. Had a massage in the morning. Met up with the hubby, dog and daughter for lunch and went shopping at Costco. Just watched TV after the baby went to bed.

Breakfast (8:30 AM): hash browns, eggs scrambled with spinach, chicken sausage, cherries and grapes

Lunch (11:30 PM): lettuced wrapped burger with pablanos and avocado

Dinner (6:30 PM): chicken sausage with Trader Joe's riced veggie mix and scrambled egg. Made a suedo fried rice with coconut aminos. It was not bad. Not as good as the real soy sauce, but passable.

Day 27 (Sunday)

Busy. Busy. Busy. Went to a concert after dinner. I really was not very hungry so I had some pretty light lunch and dinner. This has become sort of an autopilot, though I did wish I could have a slice of pizza :)

Breakfast (8:30 AM): hash browns, eggs scrambled with spinach, onions, sausage and bell peppers, and strawberries

Lunch (11:30 PM): Chicken sausage with Trader Joe's riced veggie mix and scrambled egg. I had the rest for dinner.

Dinner (6:30 PM): Leftover "fried rice" and slaw

Day 28 (Monday)

I thought this week would slow down. Apparently not. The day was very hectic at work. I am looking forward to next week when most of my team will be on vacation. My walking goals have not been good, but I am hoping the second half I can ramp it up.

Breakfast (8:30 AM): sauteed sweet peppers, chorizo patties, strawberries with coconut

Lunch (12:00 PM): Back to the "cobb" salad with lettuce, carrots, red onion, eggs, bacon and this time primal ranch.

Dinner (7:30 PM): Chipotle bowl. I forgot to ask for extra cilantro, but still good.

Day 29 (Tuesday) - writing this on day 30 so yay! Though I am definitely extending it to hopefully 60 days, but I am committing to 45. I will definitely weigh in and measure and such tomorrow so I have the 30 day results though.

Not sure how today was way worse than Monday, but also a crazy day. We have interns now and I forgot how much time they take out of your day. It's good. I definitely like talking about my job and such, but we are still pretty busy with actual work so it's not the best timing.

Breakfast (8:30 AM): sauteed sweet peppers, chorizo patties, strawberries with coconut

Lunch (12:00 PM): Back to the "cobb" salad with lettuce, carrots, red onion, eggs, bacon and this time primal ranch.

Dinner (7:30 PM): Chipotle bowl. I forgot to ask for extra cilantro, but still good.

Day 30 (Wednesday) 

So I am definitely extending this to at least 45 days. I feel like most of my NSV have been very muted this go around. I think that is largely just from work and lack of sleep, so I am hoping I can get these in the next few weeks. I did have some tiger blood earlier on, but definitely not as long or heightened as previous Whole30s. I am also going to try to cut down on coffee the next couple of weeks to see if that helps. I also realized today that the slight headache I have had since Monday is likely from a lack of starches. I had roasted some potatoes to include with breakfast but I forgot to pack them. After I had the potatoes at dinner, my headache instantly cleared. Whoops!

I did lose a significant amount of weight. 13.6 pounds to be exact! I also lost 3.5 inches on my waist, 1.5 on my hips and 2.5 on my chest. Looking back on my last whole30, I have pretty much identical results starting at pretty much the same weight and measurements. Hopefully that will continue for the next 15+ days! I will check back in on day 45. I am hoping to lose another 14 pounds my September 15th. I know the next 14 will be harder and will likely require more than just a diet change (and I will have to come up with something after I end my Whole30 to make sure I don't gain pounds back!) I am hoping that I can lose about 8 of those pounds in the next 30 days because that would just leave a pound a week after the end of the program. If not, oh well. I am still proud of the 13.6 pounds that are already gone!

Lunch (12:00 PM): "cobb" salad with lettuce, carrots, red onion, eggs, bacon and this time primal ranch.

Dinner (7:30 PM): Sausage with brussel sprouts and roasted potatoes.

Day 31 (Thursday)

Well if I thought things would slow down, I was super wrong. I am going to try to do the next few entries to the best of my abilities, but it's been a long few days. Work has been crazy and it's not slowing down, just donating my holiday hours to later in the year.....

Lunch (12:00 PM): Back to the "cobb" salad with lettuce, carrots, red onion, eggs, bacon and this time primal ceasar.

Dinner (7:30 PM): went to a tepan place. They were super nice and made mine first on a clean grill. shrimp and filet mignon with lots of veggies. They made a huge portion for me and the things like the fried rice went to my daughter, who loved her first tepan experience. It was well past her bedtime, but our baby sitting fell through last minute and she loved every second of it.

Side note. Just realized that if I do 60 days, I am going to have to figure out how to do a 4 day family reunion (husband's family) out of town (starting on day 52). That will be interesting, because I think the only compliant things that will be provided is bottled water. My husband's favorite pizza place is there and I am sure we will be making a stop. Going to have to make some tough decisions. While I know it's not a real excuse but his family will definitely judge, and judge vocally. I really don't care how they feel about it, but I also don't really want to hear nothing but that for 4 days straight or insinuations that the reason why I am doing it is because I think I am better than them, etc....

Day 32 (Friday)

Breakfast (8:30 AM): sauteed sweet peppers, potatoes (forgot that I had potatoes yesterday too), hard boiled eggs, remaining bacon bits

Lunch (12:00 PM): leftovers from the night before. Soooooo good. They made so much that both me and my daughter ate from my plate the night before plus I had a huge lunch.

Dinner (7:30 PM): husband prepped breakfast for dinner for me. It was a nice surprise considering I got home about two hours later than I normally do on Fridays due to work. Hash browns, bacon and eggs. No veggies, but whatever. I was so tired I think I was asleep by 9.

Day 33 (Saturday)

Went shopping in the morning for things for my daughter and did a quick zoo trip (we are zoo members so a quick trip is fun and our daughter loves the monkeys) in the afternoon. Pretty hectic since I had to get some work in too.

Breakfast (8:30 AM): Eggs with spinach and onions, hash browns and bacon.

Lunch (2:00 PM): Sausage with brussel sprouts and roasted potatoes.

Dinner (6:30 PM): Sausage with brussel sprouts and roasted potatoes part 2. Finally done with it. I made the brussel sprouts way too spicy so i was just over them by this point.

Day 34 (Sunday)

Breakfast (8:30 AM): Eggs with spinach and onions, hash browns, chicken apple sausage and blueberries

Lunch (2:00 PM): ?????? Something compliant. Maybe I did not finish the brussel sprouts and had more with sausage? I remember it was a quick meal.

Dinner (6:30 PM): picked off the trays for my meal prep. Roasted potatoes and veggies. Also crisped up some prosciutto later.

No sure how the one meal I can't remember was literally yesterday's. Did a good amount of meal prep and shopped for groceries in the afternoon. Was too tired to make the bacon so I will just forgo it this week. Probably is a good thing to take a break from it anyway.

Day 36 (Monday)

Breakfast (8:30 AM): Chicken apple sausage, roasted potatoes and strawberries with coconut. My husband accidentally bought the reduced fat kind and I did not realize it until after I opened it, so I am doing a blend of the reduced fat (via steaming so still compliant) and regular coconut

Lunch (2:00 PM): Salad with red onions, carrots, turkey, primal Cesar and guac

Dinner (6:30 PM):roasted veggies, a couple of roasted potatoes and a chicken sausage

Today was all right. I felt a bit bloated so hoping that goes down. I did not get a lot of sleep last night so I had a lot of coffee. Not doing great on this whole less coffee thing. I found a coffee leaf tea at Sprouts on clearance so I picked it up. Sounded interesting though I am pretty sure the caffeine level is not much more than tea (if more at all) I thought it sounded intriguing. Might have a cup today (Tuesday)

Day 37 (Tuesday)

Breakfast (8:30 AM): Chicken apple sausage, roasted potatoes and strawberries with coconut.

Lunch (2:00 PM): Salad with red onions, carrots, turkey, primal Cesar and guac

Dinner (6:30 PM):roasted veggies, a couple of roasted potatoes and a chicken sausage

Another long work day but I found out ill be able to at least kinda take the rest of the week off/work from home. whooo! I feel like the last week my energy has been better so I am thinking it was just my daughter not sleeping well (so i was not sleeping well) that was really messing with my tiger blood and the need for carby veggies in the morning or at least for lunch.

Day 38 (Wednesday)

Breakfast (8:30 AM): Chicken apple sausage, hash browns eggs and strawberries with coconut

Lunch (12:00 PM): roasted veggies and potatoes and chicken sausage.

Dinner (6:30 PM):roasted veggies and potatoes and chicken sausage. Just trying to use leftovers.

Got to relax a bit today and got my nails done. Yay! Definitely feeling re-energized and my nails are now crazy strong. They usually break long before the length they are now and I have not had a single one break for weeks. I had that same NSV the last time too and love it!

Day 39 (Thursday)

Breakfast (8:30 AM): Bacon, fried egg and hashbrowns

Lunch (12:30 PM): roasted potatoes, strawberries with coconut and chicken apple sausage.

Dinner (afternoon/evening): salad with primal greek dressing, roasted veggies and two polish dogs

4th of July party today. None of my meals were to template, but 100% compliant. I was just trying to eat things that were quick and cleaned out the fridge. Brought the grass fed polish dogs to the 4th of July party (plus plenty of extras) so that I knew I could have complaint meat, though they also had burgers. Party was a success though. We did tons of walking around to go see the fireworks. Even though there was tons of tasty food at the party, I was not even jealous. There were a couple of things I would have liked to try, but the dessert table was not even tempting. I am hoping that I can keep that up even off of Whole30. Still very worries about my out of town family reunion. I still have not decided what I am going to do for that. Anyone have thoughts?

That family reunion stuff is tough. I try not to draw attention to myself and my husband is good about suggesting we eat at home (when they visit us) which allows us to cook things that work for everybody. But yeah - a reunion and a favorite pizza place and inlaws that you don't feel will get it. Ooof. Is there any chance they would embrace the idea if you spoke candidly about your reasons for being on it? I'm guessing probably not. Your husband on board? Would he help select meal options that allow you to slide by without issues? I don't know - I might just call it a Whole 52 and then try to have a week of semi-clean eating before tightening things up again.  If your husband is on board, other than the pizza place which doesn't have a lot of other options, maybe he'd push for eating out at....steak and salad places??  With my family, I push for sushi restaurants because the rice seems fairly friendly compared to bowls of pasta or hunks of pizza dough and cheese. If I was visiting some of my relatives....woooooey....I think I'd claim some weird intestinal medical condition that is triggered by foods...or an ulcer. :) I'd lie!  Laughing - I don't know what I'd do!! A Whole60 has such a nice ring to it. But family and relationships are being able to connect with others are important things too. What does your gut say to do?

Archived