Full all the time

Hi all!

For me, Whole30 seems to be a little different. I do work out and cycle basically everywhere. Now, removing protein supplements, I eat even more chicken and eggs than before. I feel so full all the time. Is it supposed to be like that?

Also, I do eat 2-3 servings of fruit during the day after meals. Is that too much?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Are you feeling uncomfortably full? You shouldn't be uncomfortably full, but you should be eating enough that you go 4-5 hours between meals before you start feeling hungry again. 

Fruit should ideally be limited to not more than a couple of servings a day, although often people do find that when it is in season, they eat more, so if it's summer where you are right now and there's an abundance of fruit, that's probably an okay amount, just be sure you're still eating plenty of vegetables at each meal, aiming for 2-3 cups at each meal.

If you haven't seen it, you can download the meal template here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/. If you want feedback on how well what you're eating meets that, you can list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate portion sizes, plus any pre- or post-workout foods you're having and we can see if there's anything you might try changing. 

So, yesterday was basically this:

Breakfast:

• 1 hard boiled egg
  • mixed berries (about 125g)

Lunch:

• Frittata consisting of
    • Egg whites
    • Bell peppers
    • Spring onions
    • Olives
    • Smoked trout
  • 1 apple

Dinner:

• Chicken breast (about 300g)
  • 1 pointed paprika
  • handfull cherry tomatoes
  • shallots
  • tomato sauce (just crushed tomatoes + salt & pepper & cumin)

To me it does not look like your are eating enough overall. Hopefully a moderator will chime in but eggs when eaten as the sole protein are as many as you can hold without breaking usually 3 to 4 minimum.

I don't see many veggies at all and no added fat. It really looks like you need more food overall. Especially if you are working out you would also need to add in pre and post workout food in addition to your regular meals.

I know for me when I don't eat enough I lose my appetite instead of being hungrier which seems weird but as I understand it that can be a sign that your hormones are off and the only way to get through it is to eat.

again hopefully a moderator will chime in and either correct me or at least give a bit more info.

Did you look at the meal template that was linked above by Shannon?  Your meals are not meeting them.  Especially if you're working out, you can add a pre and/or post workout something or other.

1 hard boiled egg is not a big portion, I don't care how small your hands are.  (A serving of eggs is generally considered how many eggs you can fit in your hand....)  Sometimes people lose their appetite if they are not eating enough, like Babsie said above.

Your meal 1 has no vegetables, not enough protein, not enough fat.

Meal 2: Between the bell peppers and onions, was there about 2-3 cups of vegetables?  And what is the equivalent of 300g eggs as far as number of eggs?  (Lots of people on the board have no real grasp of grams for food as the United States stubbornly refuses to use the SI system.)

Meal 3: Added fat?  

Especially if you're working out, you may want to add some more starchy vegetables in there somewhere - squashes, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, beets, carrots, parsnips, etc.....

Archived