How to find a Whole30 Friendly Doctor

camptaylor

Having recently moved, I am in need of a new doctor. I would like to try to find someone who is familiar with or supportive of Whole30, focusing on nutrition and lifestyle change first, and medication second. Is there a name for this kind of doctor or are there key phrases in their bio that would tell me they would lean whole30 style?

Thanks.

• Moderators

Usually a Functional Medicine Practitioner would be more likely to gravitate towards knowing diet is an integral part of one's health (and not just in the 'food pyramid, don't eat fast food' kind of way).

You might see if you can find a Whole30 Coach in your area and ask them if they have a recommendation?  They may not but they would be the ones in your community that would have a great knowledge of Whole30 and possibly already be making connections to other folks that see the value in a program like this also.  You can click on the Coaches button at the top of the screen and then search by your geographical location.

• 2 weeks later...

@SugarcubeOD Our new Canadian Food Guide is just off the charts really, isn't it? I'm appreciating how many physicians are banding together to denouce is't grain forward approach. It's a challenge to find physicians who are truly savvy about modern nutrition science - they don't get much training in their practices. "Follow the food guide and don't eat fast food" is about as good as it gets. 
@camptaylor Many family practice teams have websites and blogs here in Canada - maybe see what your options have in terms of social media offerings? Even being on social media suggests a certain modernity in the practice. Good luck!

Archived