I ate a mint!

Brandy Prabucki

Last night I went to Perry’s steak house for a girls night out. I made sure everything was compliant. Holding the butter on my steak and crab. Had pelligrino with lime. To mindlessly grab a mint on my way out the door and eat it. I didn’t even realize I ate it until I got home and started getting my sweet tooth and realized I ate a mint. Do I have to restart my whole30? Will one mint ruin the progress made on my gut?? I’m doing this whole breastfeeding my 3 month old and while I was hesitant because I didn’t want it to affect my supply. The carb and sugar cravings have been strong since I’m nursing but I’m doing great! No slip ups at all!! And this is my first whole30. I am so upset i can’t believe how I mindlessly did that. Thanks for any help! 

• Moderators

Read this and decide for yourself if you should start over:   https://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

As for the cravings, remember that as a nursing mom, you need more than just the three template meals each day, you should be having four full meals, or three meals and a couple of mini meals. You may also need multiple servings of starchy vegetables like sweet potato, potato and other root vegetables like beets, turnips, parsnips or carrots, winter squashes like acorn or butternut squash, or plantains each day.

OMGosh I'm so paranoid about doing something like this. We stopped at Five Guys for a snack-burger while we were out all day running errands.  Both of us ordered ketchup and I remembered just in time to run up and ask them to hold the ketchup! It's just such a habit that you don't even realize you're doing it. I don't think I would have re-started because of a mint-mistake, either. 

Archived