Jens whole 30 (at least)

JenJen1986

Hi all,

I have rather odd timing with starting this so late in the month when so many started on the first, but here we are. I had a pretty concerning doctor's visit recently, (elevated liver enzymes and high cholesterol), and feel like the whole 30 would be a great way to try and heal this body. I also struggle with hip and back pain ( I'm definitely not old enough for that) and have a hard time falling asleep. I also have excema that is bad this time of year and am hypothyroid. I'd love to see all these things improve sooooo starting a whole 30 (maybe longer) tomorrow! Wish me luck! I've done multiple whole 30s as well as a whole 60 but havent done one in quite a while. Hoping I can make it happen again!

Great job with day 1! :D

Since you've done this several times, I have a question. How long does it usually take for you to fall back into some of your old habits? Personally, I'm afraid the first time chocolate touches my lips I'll be a goner. I don't plan on reintroducing right away, more like a long term, as-it-comes type of thing. I know I'll at least be making a birthday cake in February, but I'm not so sure about eating it. I'm on day 15 now and going strong, but I feel that sugar dragon ready to spring out!

@megbeveridge thank you! :wub: honestly I found that those old habits are so slow and sneaky to creep  back in, and the longer I go in a whole the longer it tends to take for me to notice that I'm slipping back into poor habits. I found usually it starts with one non-compliant thing slowly noticing myself having that more and then over time realizing I've added in other things that aren't serving me well. I've honestly found it usually takes me five to six months after whole to feel like I'm off track.

Day 2!

Here we go!! So far so good. Woke up feeling super groggy. Still got my workout in but man..it was HARD! Starting to feel headache-y now. Basically it's definitely day 2, but trucking along and doing well.  Stressful court day tomorrow with our foster love so hoping I can make it through without using food to cope. any suggestions for day 2 aches and pains?

M1: Aidell chicken apple sausage and butternut squash

M2: Aidell chicken apple sausage and bell peppers 

M3: fajitas no tortilla 

Day 5:

Well kill all the things hit me HARD last night after feeling good most of the day and still hanging on a little today. On the plus side, my excema is already looking better and if I do say so myself my face is glowing! Going to my parents tonight which hopefully wont be too much of a challenge food wise. 

M1: aidells sausage, eggs, spinich, salsa

M2: salad?

M3: hamburger and salad I think

On 1/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, megbeveridge said:

I didn't do anything on day 2, but by day 3 the physical symptoms were bad enough that I bit the bullet and took some Tylenol. It didn't fix it, but it took some of the edge off. 

I did the same! :) 

Day 6:

Good day so far! Stayed up late watching YOU (so good if you haven't seen it!) So slow nice start to the morning here! Definitely felt cranky yesterday too but feeling better this morning. 

planned meals:

M1: sausage berries with almond butter

M2: taco salad 

M3: meatballs and salad

Day 7!

Doing well! Realized I haven't mentioned what I've been doing for exercise. I've been doing at home weight lifting workouts five days a week and some gentle yoga two days a week and am really loving it. Excema is still really bugging me so hoping that and the back pain calms down soon. Here's the food plan today:

M1: bacon, butternut squash, salad

M2: raspberries and almond butter with two more pieces of bacon

M3: taco salad

Day 8!!!

Feeling really good and committed at this point. Not noticing the huge differences I did in earlier rounds but assuming that is because I have made so many healthy permanent changes in my diet. 

M1: aidells and sweet potato

M2: aidells, salad, and fruit with almond butter

M3: Burgers and salad

Day 11! 

I have to be honest and say this is the farthest I've made it into a whole 30 in quite awhile although I've completed several. Feeling really good about that this am! 

M1: sausage butternut squash and bell pepper

M2: chicken salad

M3: steak and salad probably

Archived