SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat doing the thing diary!

Wowsa! Great news on that. I know what you mean that some docs aren't down with something being fixed by diet - I think that tide is changing but there is still a breed of practitioners that want all the credit for their mad prescription writing skills. But to be without vertigo - amazeballs. I feel the same way about the magical disappearance of my plantar fasciitis in my right foot. After its unwelcome companionship for 6 years, to not have it is some kind of miracle!

2 more days and you can join me in the scary reintro part - which I'm not doing very well at since I'm basically not really reintroducing anything out of fear and anxiety. Need to go find my big girl panties and get on with it. maybe your experiences will pave the way for me???

Oh - I just remembered you were extending because you got yourself into something non-compliant early on - is that right?? Darn it all - I was hoping you'd be sharing your reintro experiences as I was struggling through my own. Reintro is WAY harder for me than I expected :( 

Okay - carry on Schrod.

12 hours ago, Lorna from Canada said:

Wowsa! Great news on that. I know what you mean that some docs aren't down with something being fixed by diet - I think that tide is changing but there is still a breed of practitioners that want all the credit for their mad prescription writing skills. But to be without vertigo - amazeballs. I feel the same way about the magical disappearance of my plantar fasciitis in my right foot. After its unwelcome companionship for 6 years, to not have it is some kind of miracle!

2 more days and you can join me in the scary reintro part - which I'm not doing very well at since I'm basically not really reintroducing anything out of fear and anxiety. Need to go find my big girl panties and get on with it. maybe your experiences will pave the way for me???

I wish I could join you in 2 days!! The sulfites I had on day 1-4 mean I'm on a whole 34! I probably don't 'need' to be, I read the "Do I need to start over?" post and the answer is "probably not" but I've had it in my head that I was going to for so long that I'm not mentally prepared to reinto on Thursday LOL

We do have people over on Saturday, and there is potential I will split the difference, do a W32 and reintro a couple of sneaky vodkas on Saturday.

DAY 29!!!! I'm really chuffed at making it this far, and surprised how easy it has been.

Breakfast: Poached egg, The Goods spicy kraut

Lunch: Slow cooked brisket, roasted veggie medley, baby spinach and basil chimmichurri

Dinner: Orange and ginger glazed salmon, sauteed asparagus, baby leaf, radish and cucumber salad with balsamic and oil

2 minutes ago, Lorna from Canada said:

Oh - I just remembered you were extending because you got yourself into something non-compliant early on - is that right?? Darn it all - I was hoping you'd be sharing your reintro experiences as I was struggling through my own. Reintro is WAY harder for me than I expected :( 

Okay - carry on Schrod.

Snap! I posted just as you posted!

No salmon tonight, work ended up crazy and I missed the markets. Fish will have to happen Thursday!

Instead we had steak, sauteed asparagus, garlic mushrooms and mixed leaf salad with radish, flaked almonds and lemon tahini dressing.

I've now run out of lemon tahini and home made mayo, though I made basil chimmichurri yesterday, 

Busy busy day today, and it's my Day 30! That day that should have been my WOOT DAY 30!!!!!! but isn't lol.

I am wearing a dress to work I haven't been able to wear in months, and got my first "OMG you've lost weight!" comment, so that was nice :)

We have a friend over tonight, so I'm brainstorming easy ideas for dinner - IF, and its a big if, I manage to get out at lunch I might buy some butter chicken spice and make a curry with rice for the fellas and cauli rice for me.

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, The Goods spicy kraut

Lunch: Slow cooked brisket, roasted veggie medley, baby spinach and basil chimmichurri

Dinner: Probably butter chicken and cauli rice with a side salad.

Day 31!! You know, I'm not even sorry this isn't reintro? I'm not ready. I'm quite happy eating how I'm eating. The weekend will be a challenge, because plans were made before I knew I'd still be fully compliant and not reintro-ing alcohol. So as I've said, I'm open to Saturday being maybe a day 33 reintro to alcohol.

Today:

Lunch: Hot smoked salmon, slaw with chimmichurri

Dinner: Orange and garlic salmon, sauteed asparagus, lemon and herb potato bake, baby leaf salad.

Thank goodness I tried the orange and garlic sauce before putting it on the salmon, it was gross. Flavourless and bitter.

So we had native lemon pepper salmon instead, with roasted broccoli, yellow squash and asparagus, and seasoned potato wedges.

OH, and the bonus? My husband likes fish, thought he didn't like salmon. Turns out he only ever had it canned!! I told him that's like saying you don't like a triple cream brie because you had Easy Cheese. Guess what? He likes salmon!! So happy, because it's a fav of mine!

Day 32!

So glad it's Friday. 

Lunch: Hot smoked salmon, slaw with chimmichurri

Dinner: No idea! It's Friday so I have a little more time to make something. I do have prosciutto in the fridge, maybe some chicken thighs with sage wrapped in proscuitto in a tomato sauce, with sauteed veg. 

7 hours ago, megbeveridge said:

The time difference between us is wild! It's 10:00 here on Friday and I'm at work! You're dinner sounds so good. I can't get into cauli rice, but I think with that combination it would be divine. 

halloooooo from the future! LOL :D

I'm picky with the cauli rice, it needs to be with something saucy, and it's not my favourite but I'll eat it. 

Today is my biggest challenge to date - my BFF is coming over for movie night and she's good with the peer pressure. If her GF isn't drinking, I'll have some solidarity, but we shall see! 

Brunch: Omelete with mushroom, asparagus , baby spinach and gravlax

Dinner: Because it's movie night I'm doing a 'load your plate' platter:

• Crispy pork belly bites with apple sauce
  • Lamb and rosemary meatballs with garlic and lemon tahini dipping sauce
  • Wings, 1/2 with Frank's Red Hot and Ghee, 1/2 with lemon pepper seasoning
  • Crispy Skinned duck breast bites with mandarin segments and mint
  • Roasted duck fat potatoes
  • Baby spinach and arugula salad with baby beetroot and toasted pine nuts