SchrodingersCat doing the thing diary!

SchrodingersCat

Good morning!

Day 37? Who knew that when I started I'd be here, a full week after I could have wrapped it up, still chugging along and happily compliant.\

I haven't exercised this week, and even bumped my appointment with my exercise physiologist tonight. I couldn't work out why, but I started some new meds a week ago and a side effect can be drowsiness and fatigue, so I think I found my answer! Doesn't explain the headache I've had all week, blech.

B'fast: 2 poacked eggs, hot smoked salmon and Spicy Kraut

Lunch: Za'tar crusted chicken thighs with wombok, carrot and celery slaw with chimmichurri mayo dressing

Dinner: Will be decided closer to the time. Bit uninspired at the moment!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fish day! I get excited when I can go to the market at lunch and get fish for dinner.

So I'm going to take my own meat to BBQ on Saturday, because they are supplying burgers and sausages and I don't know what's in them. 

B'fast: 2 poacked eggs, hot smoked salmon and Spicy Kraut

Lunch: Chicken and veggie soup

Dinner: Fish! Not sure which fish or how it will be seasoned, I'll see when I get to market :)

Day 39!

So I actually plan to start reintro tomorrow, per the slow roll (being that I'm just loosening up on added sugars. I caved and contacted my friend hosting the BBQ and told her I'd be bringing compliant meat. She was all fine with it, as I knew she would be!

Still a bit nervous, I'm very good at staying the course when the course is straight, but when it starts to deviate, I wobble. I don't want tomorrow to turn into a booze-fest (which it has the potential to be, hubs has missed having a drink or 3 with me on the weekend) and I sure don't want to spend Sunday hungover.

B'fast: 2 poached eggs, hot smoked salmon and Spicy Kraut

Lunch: Chicken and veggie soup

Dinner: No idea, again. Inspiration will strike.

Ok so yesterday was BBQ day!

Started the day with a prosciutto, mushroom and spinach omelette

At bbq i had compliant chicken skewers, compliant roo burger, grilled mushrooms and dill pickles.

Introduced sugar in a flourless citrus cake, and introduced alcohol in the form of lower sugar cider, and later some sparkling wine. Also had a wee bit of cream on the cake.

Lovely day, and only a minor headache today, hardly surprising after 6 weeks of no booze! Back to compliant today.

So the only bad effect from the wine so far was that i was awake at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep and had really bad anxiety. Not pleasant and reminds me that there are many reasons I've enjoyed not drinking. 

Back to compliant for the week! I'm going to intro dairy on Saturday (friends are coming for dinner and I'll have a cheese board).

Today though:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, spicy kraut, hit smoked salmon

Lunch: chicken and vegetable soup

Dinner: pork chops, baby spinach, roasted pumpkin, asparagus salad and herbed potatoes.

so I'm still keeping my daily log in here because I like having it all in one place, even though I now have a separate thread for reintro stuff.

Forgot my lunch today, so I popped into the supermarket. They had a tiny little tub with 2 hard boiled eggs and about 10 leaves of baby spinach, labelled a "protein pack" for $5!! hahahahahaha!!! Hugest mark up ever!

Needless to say, I did not buy their overpriced snack. 

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs and spicy kraut

Lunch: Steamed carrot, cauli and brocc and hot smoked salmon, handful of almonds.

Dinner: Fish! I love fish day. I'm thinking snapper with a lemon pepper seasoning (hubs request), baby spinach, cucumber and asparagus salad with lemon mayo dressing, and seasoned cauli rice. 

Day... I don't even know, heh. This is just how I eat now.

Had to resist a glass of wine last night, it wasn't that hard. I think it was just there and hubs was having one, but I ignored it and just kept trucking. REALLY enjoyed our fish last night, and loved the scallops we had - I need to cook them more often!!

Today:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs and spicy kraut with hot smoked salmon

Lunch: Seared flank steak with coleslaw with chimmichurri mayo

Dinner: Pork chops, grilled pumpkin with pistachio dukkah, grilled asparagus and mushrooms, baby spinach cucumber and radish salad with oil and balsamic

I didn't get to eat until 4pm, and the breakroom was FULL of danishes, muffins, sandwiches, quiches and scones.

So I ignored them and made a big bowl of hot smoked salmon and sauerkraut (all I had in the work fridge!)

Dinner. Ugh, dinner. I'm supposed to have exercise dude today. I so want to cancel, spending all day in a work thing totally screwed up everything!!

Hubs is out a bit later too. These are the nights where we would have had takeaway, but now I think of what meat I can quickly grill and put with a salad.

Friday! 

Lunch: Hot smoked salmon with rainbow slaw and spicy kraut (again, what I had in the work fridge!)

Dinner: I don't know. I'm so bored. Not because of W30, just because I go through stages where there is literally nothing I want - I don't even have a "man I could go for..." wish. Part of me wants to make something elaborate. Most of me wishes I could just be fed intravenously. 

Folks over for dinner so we started with a cheese platter with olives and pickles and salami and pancetta. I had the olives, pickles and pancetta, all compliant.

Dinner was slow roasted lamb with rosemary and garlic potatoes, sauteed asparagus with duck bacon and Greek salad with vinaigrette. All compliant! 

R2D8? I guess? I still don't know. I'm just doing what I'm doing.

Breakfast: Spicy Kraut with 2 poached eggs

Lunch: Leftover roast lamb, roasted veggie medley (eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, celeriac, mushrooms, red onion) tossed with baby spinach and chimmichurri

Dinner: Pork steak with baked sweet potato, grilled zucchini and asparagus and baby spinach, beetroot, cucumber salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

Revised dinner.

I want Chinese takeout. We haven't had Chinese takeout since I started R1 on 15 January. So... I'm going to make Chinese takeout!

Hubs always has a BBQ roast pork omelette and fried rice - I can make that, bought the BBQ roast pork from the Chinese shop down the road, and I make a mean fried rice.

Me, I usually have a stirfry dish and some of the fried rice, so I'm having chilli prawns with broccoli and carrot (sauce with be chilli, Teriyaki cocominos, a bit of tamarind paste, ginger, garlic, lime juice and spices) and cauli fried rice :)

I may even serve it in takeaway containers for authenticity. 

I have rarely snacked since starting W30, but this afternoon, I walked into the tea room and looked at the biscuit barrel and just WANTED one, even though I don't really like them. I thought about it, and decided to have a small handful of almonds, and now I feel fine again. Not sure what to make of that, and know it was more a snack because of a craving and not because of true hunger, but I do suspect lunch (which was only an hour or so ago) didn't have sufficient fat. 

Archived