SchrodingersCat doing the thing diary!

SchrodingersCat

OK, severe tiredness and crankiness aside, I'm on Day 9 of round 2... I guess. I don't really know exactly what this is. I had planned to reintro cheese on the weekend but even with my favourites right in front of me, I just wasn't keen. So I've been wholly compliant for 9 days now after the small reinto weekend. I guess I'm still slow roll, I also guess it doesn't really matter!

Anywho - I really enjoyed my recreation of takeout favourites last night! I wasn't craving them but it made a lovely change for our sometimes slightly repetitive meals. 

I told hubs I was making bolognaise this week and he could have pasta but I was having mine on a baked potato - he opted for the potato too, lol.

But tonight is fish night, because it is market day. 

Breakfast: Spicy Kraut with 2 poached eggs and hot smoked salmon

Lunch: Leftover roast lamb, roasted veggie medley (eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, celeriac, mushrooms, red onion) tossed with baby spinach and lemon juice, handful of almonds

Dinner: As yet undecided fish.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinner was red snapper with a ghee, garlic, lemon, and basil sauce, seasoned potato and sweet potato wedges, and a baby spinach, cucumber, radish and asparagus salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

The ghee sauce was lovely! I just heated the ghee, added the garlic, then the zest, mixed in the juice with the heat on low, then tossed in the fresh basil for the last minute. 

So I have a work event tonight, it's a networking cocktail evening with nibbles and drinks. Good thing is, I have a buddy who also isn't drinking and who was organising the event so there's plenty of fancy mineral water, plus our guest speaker is from a company which makes bars, juices, iced teas and kombucha and I've check and their ginger kombucha, which is on tasting, is compliant. So avoiding drinks will be easy AND I finally get to try kombucha.

I'll throw together a quick dinner when I get home. 

Breakfast: Poached eggs, Spicy Kraut and hot smoked salmon

Lunch: Chicken and veggie soup (didn't realise I had one left, found it in the freezer! Good because it's hearty and will get me through this event)

Dinner: Probably steak with steamed veg tossed in harrissa tahini sauce (I'm in love with this stuff)

Dinner was Lemon pepper chicken drums, celeriac chips and romaine, cucumber and radish salad with spicy tahini dressing last night.

Breakfast today was leftover lemon pepper chicken, leftover rosemary and garlic potatoes, asparagus and saurkraut

Dinner is steak, baked cauliflower and carrot with spicy tahini, and cos lettuce, cucumber, radish and beet salad with balsamic vinigarette.

Breakfast/brunch was the pork 'breakfast sausage' I made a while back that tasted weird and tangy so I froze it, fried up with asparagus and mushrooms, and a generous dollop of sambal. It was actually pretty good

Dinner, chicken breast with homemade salsa (with my home smoked jalapenos), roasted yellow squash, asparagus and broccolini with sweet potato chips.

I have a bunch of stuff coming up, so I'm definitely needing to start reintro. On that thought, I also had a glass of sparkling wine, and stopped after 1 because that was enough. So that's a thing!

Dinner was pork chops with roasted veggie medley (tried roasted kholrabi - I like it!) with spice tahini.

SO, today I'm going to reintro dairy.

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs with Spicy Kraut and hot smoked salmon

Lunch: Asian style pork mince with eggplant, zucchini and capsicum with steamed brocc, cauli and carrot

Dinner: Taco salad with homemade salsa and *gasp* CHEESE. 

10 hours ago, hollysmokes said:

Hi @SchrodingersCat good luck with your dairy intro! What do you spice your tahini with? I usually just make they typical sauce with lemon juice and garlic and I'd love to have a different variation on it.

Oh, I saw a recipe for harrissa tahini and kind of made it with what I had in the cupboard! So it's the lemon garlic tahini with cumin, cardamom, corriander and a teaspoon or so of sambal to taste. It's REALLY good!

So I ate cheese and sour cream and I'm still alive! I do have a slight headache but I think that's the late night and some stress, rather than a reaction. I think I'm going to reintro everything a couple of times just to be sure.

Back to compliant today.

Lunch: Asian style pork mince with eggplant, zucchini and capsicum with baby spinach

Dinner: Lamb chops, roasted pumpkin, carrot, asparagus, yellow squash and eggplant with dukkah.

OH and NSV! Tried on a pair of work pants which were WAY too small 2 months ago, 2 weeks ago the button would do up, painfully, but no zipper, and today, they did up and weren't horrifically uncomfortable. Still didn't wear them to work due to muffin top, but they're a great gauge. 

Thank you!!

I need to go get ingredients for harrissa today, actually :) Love it!

Lunch: Asian style pork mince with eggplant, zucchini and capsicum with baby spinach

Dinner: Seared salmon with lemon ghee sauce, roasted sweet potato, seared asparagus and carrot with wilted spinach. 

So last night I poured myself a glass of wine while I was cooking dinner. I had a sip, then made myself a bottle of soda water with lemon juice, because I was actually thirsty. After dinner, and maybe 4 sips into the glass of wine, I poured it back into the bottle. It wasn't that I didn't like the taste, I just didn't want it. I wanted my water. So that's nice!

Dinner: Seared crispy skinned duck breast on wilted spinach and pine nuts, carrots and asparagus with sesame and orange, and roasted sweet potato. 

I had 2 glasses of red wine yesterday, over the course of about 4-5 hours and I'm just sandbagged today. I slept well, and went to bed at a decent time, so I figure it must be the wine. This is why it's a weekend, in moderation thing. 

Breakfast: The last of the Asian style pork mince with eggplant, zucchini and capsicum with baby spinach

Lunch: Pesto chicken with roasted veggie medley and baby spinach

Dinner: No idea. I'll think about it after another coffee or 2.

Dinner was a delicious turkey pie!! I forgot I baked a couple of drumsticks because their packet was split and I didn't want them to get freezer-burned. So I stripped the meat, and made a pie with the jelly from baking the 'sticks (I'd just chucked them in the fridge in the foil they were cooked in), onion, carrots, mushroom, compliant chicken stock, sage and cracked pepper. Thickened with with potato starch (worked a treat!) and topped with a mix of potato and sweet potato, mashed with ghee.

SOOOO satisfying!!  And leftovers for lunch :)

Archived