Headaches!!! Help!

Aceinig

I am on r2d20. Over the last couple days I have been experiencing headaches which I normally never suffer from. They have been showing up mid afternoon and Tylenol helps some. This morning however I have woken up with one. They are making work difficult. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong?  The other thing that has been happening is i am constantly thirsty. Here are a few details:

Water: I drink a ton. Always have. I start my day with a full 8 ounces and a black tea. I will refill a 24 ounce bottle of water probably 6-8 times a day. I usually also have an afternoon and evening herbal cub of tea. None of this is new. I’ve always been a big drinker. 

Supplements: probiotic, enzyme and multivitamin.  Enzyme is new to the whole30 but I was having bloating issues and the enzyme has really helped. I have a long history of stomach issues and love the whole30 for taking care of them. 

Salt. I salt my food. Not a problem here. 

Stress: I’m the most stress free I have been in 20 years. 

Sleep: was having problems but am. Ow doing great here. But woke up in the middle of the night for a potty break and noticed at that point that I had a headache. 

What I ate for the last two days:

m1: 2 eggs in ghee, broccolini sautéed in olive oil. Sausage. Cutie. 

M2: white chili-chicken, coconut milk, carrots, onions, celery, garlic. Apple with one tablespoon almond butter  

M3: two nights ago - skillet cabbage and sausage  with a side salad of greens, another cutie, and olive oil dressing.  last night - beet noodles sautéed in olive oil, salmon patty 6 ounces and a medium sweet potatoe sautéed in ghee  

I am feeling a little desperate  any thoughts are welcome! Thank you!

• Moderators

Sorry you're not feeling well.  Could you be coming down with something?

Your meals look reasonably good - I can' tell from the quantities tho how much protein and veggies you're getting.  Do you follow the meal template? 1-2 palm sized servings of protein, a plate full (1-3 cups) of veggies and added fat?  It looks like you might rely on the cooking fat for some meals so I would suggest adding a plated fat to those meals such as olives or guacamole/avocado.  Your chili meal probably didn't have enough veggies by a long shot which means you likely underate at that meal.

Greens chew down to nothing so a side salad can be made a bit more hearty by adding some cooked veggies or other salad type veggies if you just had greens there.

Same re: headaches. I’m on day 8 and woke up with a monster of a headache. 

After reading through some other tips I’m wondering if I’m not salting my food enough (which I didn’t even know was a thing). Other than that I am full all of the time and eating tons of greens and plenty of water. Though now I’m also realizing that I need to be better about tracking my actual water intake. 

I just need for these headaches to go away. I feel a bit like I have a hangover and it’s not fun.

I'm a total newbie.

I'm barely on R1D2 but these headaches are no joke. I attribute this issue to my pre-Whole30 eating habits. I ate pretty terribly. There's no doubt that I'm in an adjustment phase but is there anything off limits for me to take for some relief? It's interfering with my work/school life as well as in the home. It's only been two days but I'm grumpy and irritable. 

Please help!

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Miss Alfaro said:

I'm a total newbie.

I'm barely on R1D2 but these headaches are no joke. I attribute this issue to my pre-Whole30 eating habits. I ate pretty terribly. There's no doubt that I'm in an adjustment phase but is there anything off limits for me to take for some relief? It's interfering with my work/school life as well as in the home. It's only been two days but I'm grumpy and irritable. 

Please help!

Take a tylenol or advil... we don't want you to suffer!

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning. I’m on day 26!!!  Feeling great and I’ve been totally compliant.  But the headaches are back in full force. I go to sleep with a headache and wake up with one.  I live in Florida and have. Been putting on the heat for the first time this season ( don’t hate me).  Could be that?    Just wondering what if could be.  I’m coasting now and eating maybe a bit less than I was,   My skin is positively glowing! Energy is high! And in a very calm and zen place emotionally.  The only craving is for a cocktail!    Thanks a]Nd sending love

Archived